The two-room shack is located along a south-facing rock face. It has a campfire outside, along with some prickly pear cacti. Inside, the player character will find a workbench and reloading bench. Several crafting tools are inside the shack along with a few ammunition boxes and some random weapons and loot. Harper's shack also includes several storage containers and a usable bed.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap - On the table in the back of the room.
- Harper's shack is ideal for player housing, as it has safe storage, bed, campfire, reloading bench and workbench in or around the building. However, deathclaws may be located in the surrounding areas and could be potentially dangerous to a low-level player character.
- Deathclaws can enter the shack if they detected the player character outside.
- On occasion, a Viper gang member may spawn inside the house and, if the shack is being used as player housing, then they may pick up one of the player character's weapons if any are stored in containers.
- There is a shovel against the far wall from the door of the shack, which, when the crosshairs are directed towards it, will have the highlighted name of "shovel" but cannot be interacted with beyond using the "grab" option to pick it up and move it around.
Harper's shack appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Upon entering, a nearby deathclaw may follow you in. If one does follow you inside the house, allow it to kill you. When you load from the autosave, no deathclaw should come inside the shack.[verified]
- Explorer perk. [verification overdue] An undiscovered Harper's Shack map marker may not appear after taking the