They are only useful as Rock-It Launcher ammunition. They are somewhat rare except for random placement in containers or in different creatures' bodies. A few merchants and traders such as Moira or Crazy Wolfgang will, on occasion, sell one or two. They also usually appear in grocers on a counter or in the aisles.
- 17 spread throughout Red Racer factory's factory floor.
- 11 inside Meresti Metro station.
- 8 in Evergreen Mills foundry.
- 1 in Willy's grocer.
- 1 in the Northwest Seneca station Grocer on an aisle shelf.
- 1 outside of the Bailey's Crossroads Metro on top of a suitcase.
- Randomly found in metal boxes.
- Sometimes found on feral ghouls and centaurs.
- Sometimes swampfolk will carry them.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- 3 on Vault 19's first floor.
- 2 in Vault 11's living quarters.
- 1 in Brooks tumbleweed ranch, on the table next to the ham radio.
- 1 in Nipton General Store, upstairs on the nightstand next to the bed.
- 1 in Ranger station Charlie in the small trailer opposite the buildings door, between two mattresses.
- 1 near the Barton the Fink encounter in small trailer on a suitcase.
The harmonica and the acoustic guitar are the only musical instruments found in Fallout: New Vegas. However, neither of them are playable.