Background[edit | edit source]
Built before the Great War, the hotel was a luxury establishment that catered to the wealthy and prominent guests visiting the Island. Among those who stayed at the hotel included Arnold Wabash, captain of the nuclear American submarine USS Democracy and his mistress Franny Richardson who later shot and tortured him into giving her the nuclear codes for the submarine. He did, but before she escaped he shot her dead before succumbing to his wounds.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Head out past the pool to the planks overlooking the water, and turn to the right. There is a pipe that can be reached through a series of skilled jumps or by using a jetpack that contains the drain corpse note.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
- Drain corpse note - In a pipe below the pool's "diving board."
- Trailer key - In a trapper outpost down the northeast road. Opens the outpost trailer door.
- Fusion core - On the burning ship at the beach to the southwest.
- Daddy-O - Northeast end of the dock on a picnic table.
- Overdue book - Under a destroyed picnic table southeast of the icon on stairs down to the pier.
Interior[edit | edit source]
- Safe room security tape - In the safe room terminal in the hotel.
- Ship's safe combination - Added to the player character's Pip-Boy after listening to the security tape in the safe room. Opens safe on the sunken boat at Fringe Cove docks.
- To Franny - In the hotel, next to Franny Richardson in the safe room.
- Vault-Tec lunchbox - On the second floor, in a drawer on the ground at the far end of the hallway.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Best Left Forgotten: Uncover the location of the nuclear launch key.
- Randolph Safehouse: The Railroad agent Mister Tims will leave dead drops in the form of six holotapes for the Sole Survivor, containing information about possible hazards to the Railroad's escort and escape of synths out of the Commonwealth. They can assist in these efforts by clearing out the location of hostiles.
- Hypothesis: To aid in one of his experiments, Doctor Holdren of the Institute's BioScience division asks the Sole Survivor to obtain a tissue sample from a particularly tough super mutant and return it to him.
- Leading by Example: Lancer Captain Kells requests the Sole Survivor's help in training a Brotherhood squire by allowing him to accompany them on a mission.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
It is likely a reference to the real-world Bar Harbor Grand Hotel. This location shares the hotel's distinctive architecture and swimming pool.
Gallery[edit | edit source]