|The following is based on Creation Club content and is not canon.|
The handmade shotgun is a crudely fashioned double-barrel shotgun chambered in shotgun shells. The handmade shotgun's stats are identical to that of the double-barrel shotgun. The only discernable difference between the handmade shotgun and the double-barrel shotgun, in terms of stats, are slight differences in weapon mods.
The barrels, which appear to be constructed from old pipes, are connected to the fence by two large springs. The shotgun's stock and underbelly are comprised of weathered wood, and its trigger is a simple bolt.
Unique among Fallout 4 weapons, the handmade shotgun's legendary variants come in unique furnishings based on their effects. The incendiary variant's fence is painted with flames, the ghoul slayer variant comes with green blotches on the barrel as well as the words "ghoul slayer" painted in gold on the left barrel, and the nimble variant has a stylized "nimble" on its left barrel.
- Triple-barrel handmade shotgun, a stronger variant with an additional barrel and higher damage.
- A standard short variant is placed into the player character's inventory upon reloading a save after installation.
- Can commonly be found on raiders.
- Can be bought from weapon vendors.
- The handmade shotgun will not appear as a legendary drop. Instead, the gun can be found with one of either three legendary effects (Incendiary, nimble, or ghoul slayer) at vendors, each with unique markings.
- The comfort stock weapon modifications simply add blue tape to the stock.
Behind the scenes
- The handmade shotgun was created by Stefan "asXas" Engdahl.
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and is speculative and may not be accurate.|
- The handmade shotgun is based on Fallout 4 concept art depicting a near-identical weapon.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|