“Mow your enemies down by the dozen.”
|1||20% chance for melee VATS attacks to do area damage.||005D036E|
|2||30% chance for melee VATS attacks to do area damage.||005D036F|
|3||40% chance for melee VATS attacks to do area damage.||005D0370|
|4||50% chance for melee VATS attacks to do area damage.||005D0371|
- Hack and Slash deals 100% of the damage dealt to the target as splash damage.
- Hack and Slash splash damage cannot proc Detonation Contagion or Exploding Palm.
- A single attack on a target may separately proc both Hack and Slash and Exploding Palm.
- Damage dealt by Hack and Slash will not reduce the condition of the equipped melee weapon.
- Hack and Slash splash damage may finish off Daily Ops enemies with the Resilient mutation.
- Hack and Slash is not an explosion, and is not affected by the Grenadier perk.
- Hack and Slash does not affect the VATS target.[verification needed]
Behind the scenes
- Hack and Slash was originally named Cleave.
- During the first wave of testing on the PTS, splash damage from Hack and Slash damaged the player.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.