A holotape in the Memory Den during the quest Memory Interrupted reveals that H2-22 decided to wipe his memory to start a new life. After the quest is complete, Desdemona will inform the player character that H2-22 has safely escaped the Commonwealth.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Boston After Dark: The Sole Survivor must help H2 get to a safe house with the aid of High Rise.
- Memory Interrupted: The way for H2 to be escorted has been plagued by Institute synths, the Sole Survivor must help clear the way.
Even though Nick Valentine claims that all synths who escape the Institute lose their memories of it, due to a manufactured failsafe, H2-22 can recall many details of his life there. It is later revealed by DiMA that Nick had new memories uploaded to him just before the two of them escaped, which coupled with the early synth's limited memory capacity caused Nick to not remember the Institute.
H2-22 appears only in Fallout 4.
- The Sole Survivor: "Just tell me what you mean."
Old Man Stockton: " "
(Old Man Stockton's dialogue)
- H2-22: "The doctor said I could say goodbye. I've decided... to have the operation. I know I'll lose all my memories. I don't want you to be sad. I... I have nightmares. And this world, the SRB, being hunted. I just can't handle it. Everyone says I'll be safer if I start a new life. I know I'll be happier. My only regret is I'll forget... Old Man Stockton. High Rise. And you. Looking back, there's only fear. Worse than fear. But I will miss my new... friends."
- Desdemona: "H2-22 made it out of the Commonwealth. It's a tradition to down a glass for your first successful run. Well done."