|This page is about the location. For the pre-War company, see H&H Tools Company.|
This large pre-War tools factory was a legacy of the House family and is still semi-functional by the time the Courier comes across it. When a freak auto gyro and lightning accident claimed both of their parents, Robert House was cheated out of his inheritance by his half-brother, Anthony House. Undaunted, Robert started his own business in robotics, and as RobCo Industries prospered, Anthony slowly started losing his grip on reality.
Anthony's deteriorating mental health manifested in increasingly bizarre and erratic security measures implemented at the factory after 2020 and 2023. Subsequent years did not help his mental state, as RobCo Industries came after H&H Tools on the trading floor, mopping the floor with its stock. The situation peaked on the eve of the Great War, as the elderly Anthony (now styling himself Alexander), fired all of his employees, locked down the plant and deployed heavy security measures.
The factory consists of two floors with sporadic placements of traps and frag mines. Throughout the facility are a number of terminals with correspondence between one another; while mostly business-related, in one room the messages between each computer are humorous and sexual in nature. Part of the bottom floor contains an industrial area leading up to the top floor, containing the office of Anthony House.
The double doors to the left of the entrance lead to a hallway, where the first room to the left is a kitchen containing a variety of loot, and the door at the end, protected by frag mines, leads to a larger room protected by a rigged shotgun just past the door. Going in, a crazed Mister Handy will be encountered, with the two doors to the left being guarded by two automated turrets. The door to the right has a pressure plate steel girder trap and leads to a room flooded with radioactive liquid.
Going forward from the entrance is a large metal room guarded by two robobrains, and is flooded with irradiated water, with frag mines deployed on the metal steps leading to the a metal catwalk. The room ahead has two frag mines at the doorway, and contains a suspicious terminal that holds the journal entry 04/15/2077. The office to the left is Anthony House's office guarded by a shotgun trap tied to a tripwire directly inside the doorway. On top of his desk lies a red Lucky 38 VIP keycard, while the computer in the room provides the ability to perform an executive override for the Lucky 38 penthouse after it has been hacked into. The hallway to the right leads to some offices with a terminal holding the journal entries 04/06/2068 and 12/27/2074.
- Lucky 38 VIP keycard - On Anthony House's office desk on the second floor.
- Four H&H Tools journal entries - Found on various terminals scattered across the factory.
- The H&H Tools factory is mentioned at North Vegas Square, where residents will comment on a large number of traps in the building, and how no scavenger has come out of it alive. Crandon will mention that the bodies are cleaned out periodically because they start to stink.
- The company and locations alternate using the distinction "H&H Tool" and the plural "H&H Tools" for their name.
- There is a non-hostile Mister Handy on the second floor of the building that will, due to its pathing, trigger a tripwire that releases a grenade bouquet in the east wing. This will destroy both the Mister Handy and the Mark IV Turret that reside there after about 50 seconds of entering the building. It will stay non-hostile if the traps are disarmed and the player is undetected by the other robot security while in its presence.
|The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.|
- The Lucky 38 Executive Override option on the terminal in Anthony House's office was originally supposed to be part of The Moon Comes Over the Tower quest, but that section of the quest was apparently cut. See the quest's notes section for further details.
|End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content|
H&H Tools factory appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- The H&H Tools factory is a reference to the real world Hughes Tool Company, namesake being the founder Howard R. Hughes Sr., the father of Howard Robard Hughes Jr., on who the character Robert House is based. The logos for Hughes Tool Company and H&H Tool Company bear a strong resemblance to each other.
- There appears to have been quite the sordid set of affairs going on between the factory workers, with each of the members of the affair suggesting an esoteric collection of items to be brought to the rendezvous to remember old times. These items are a reference to the sexual shenanigans of the Nazis in the British comedy "'Allo 'Allo."
- There is a reference to the card game Tragic the Garnering, from Fallout 2, in one of the human resources messages sent to employees, stating that employees found associating with the game will be immediately dismissed from the company.
- A tragedy has befallen all mankind
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collectors Edition p. 305: "[2.06] H&H Tools Factory
Long before the war, H&H Tools Company provided Nevada and California high-quality robotics equipment. Owned by the half-brother of Robert Edwin House (the founder of RobCo, and—were it not for the 200 year gap—the same man who lives in the Lucky 38 Casino). When their father was killed in an accident, the elder brother swindled Robert out of the family fortune, and assumed control of the company.
Robert went on, through his dealings with RobCo and their lucrative contracts, to become one of the wealthiest men on earth. His half-brother meanwhile, became increasingly paranoid, seeking to guard himself against a vengeance that never came, and inflicting all manner of strange HR rules on his workforce. The remains of this factory still stand, surrounded by husk-like remains of North Vegas' industrial area."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)
- H&H Tools Factory terminals; terminal, E-Mail from Alan Dalton
- Crandon: "Every salvager who tries gets blown up, flattened, or gutted by traps. Then he starts to stink up the town and we're the ones to clean up the mess."