| ||This page is about the location. For the pre-War company, see H&H Tool Company.|
H&H Tools Factory was the Houses' family owned company. Robert House's half-brother, Anthony House, cheated the inheritance of the company from Mr. House when their father died. Anthony House suffered from paranoia, which led to increasingly severe security measures at the company between 2020 and 2023. In 2077, he locked down the H&H Tools Factory in outer Vegas and activated its security systems. He also planted frag mines inside the interior of the factory and fired all his employees.
The building consists of two floors with sporadic placements of traps and frag mines. Throughout the building are a number of terminals with correspondence between one another. While most correspondence is business related, in one room the E-mails between each computer are humorous and sexual in nature. Part of the bottom floor contains an industrial area leading up to the top floor. The top floor contains the office of Anthony House.
Through the double doors to the left of the entrance brings you to a hallway. The first room to the left is a kitchen containing a variety of loot. The door at the end of the hallway is protected by five frag mines in front of the door. There is also a rigged shotgun on the desk connected to a trip-wire on the other side of the door. If you detonate the mines, the trip wire will consequently be broken. Going to your right, you will encounter a crazed Mister Handy. The next two doors to the left are guarded by two level-dependent automated turrets. The door to the right has a pressure plate based steel girder trap and leads to a room flooded with radioactive liquid.
Going forward from the entrance is a large metal room guarded by two robobrains, and is flooded with irradiated water. Going up the metal steps on the second landing are four frag mines. Going all the way up will bring you to a metal catwalk. The room ahead has two frag mines at the doorway and contains a suspicious terminal that holds the journal entry 04/15/2077. The office to your left is Anthony House's old office guarded by a shotgun trap tied to a trip wire right inside the door. On top of his desk lies a red Lucky 38 VIP keycard. The computer in this room gives you the ability to perform an executive override in the Lucky 38 penthouse after a hack. Down the hallway to the right leads to some offices with a terminal holding the Journal Entry 04/06/2068 and 12/27/2074.
- Lucky 38 VIP keycard - on Anthony House's office desk on the second floor.
- Four H&H Tools journal entries found on terminals.
- H&H Tools Factory is mentioned in North Vegas square, where residents will comment on the large amount of traps in the building and how no scavenger has come out of it alive, but upon venturing into the building there are no bodies located inside. However, it is also mentioned by Crandon that they clean the bodies out because it starts to stink.
- The Lucky 38 Executive Override option on the terminal in Anthony House's office was originally supposed to be part of The Moon Comes Over the Tower, but that section of the quest was apparently cut. See that quest's notes section for details.
- The terminal inside Anthony House's office is actually named "Anthony House's terminal" but in the last journal entry it is signed Alexander House.
- While the company is named the H&H Tool Company, the factory is named H&H Tools Factory with an extra "s".
- The dates that are input on the hidden terminal entries and the transcripts copied into the Pipboy do not match up. This, combined with the fact that if the dates are true, Robert House would have been cut out of the will when he was three years old, suggests that the 2020-2023 dates are wrong, possibly by more than twenty years.
- There is a friendly Mister Handy on the second floor whose path will take it to an explosive tripwire which causes its destruction unless you somehow happen to disarm the trap first. It will turn hostile if you are detected by the other robotic enemies in the factory.
H&H Tools Factory appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
- H&H Tools Factory is a reference to the real world Hughes Tool Company, namesake being the founder Howard R. Hughes Sr., the father of Howard Robard Hughes Jr., of whom the character Robert House is based.
- Several of the computers have messages between co-workers. There appears to have been quite the sordid set of affairs going on. Each of the members of the affair suggests an esoteric collection of items to be brought to the rendezvous to remember old times. These items are a reference to the sexual shenanigans of the Nazis in the British comedy "'Allo 'Allo".
- There is a reference to the card game Tragic the Garnering, from Fallout 2, in one of the human resources e-mails sent to employees. The e-mail states that employees found associating with Tragic players will be dismissed.