|For the company, see Button Gwinnett Brewery.|
Background[edit | edit source]
This craft brewery was founded by local brewer Button Gwinnett, who is the namesake of the founding father, an important American official and the governor of the deep-southern state of Georgia during the Revolutionary War. The Gwinnett brewery was best known for the award-winning beers it bottled and produced prior to the Great War. Especially the locally famous Southie Stout, voted "Boston's Best Beer," twice, in 2051 and 2062. The brewery was also known for producing other renowned types of Gwinnett-brand beer such as Dead Redcoat Ale, Peabody Pilsner, Blackened Victory Lager, Pale Ale, and the infamous Bunker Hill Brew.
Layout[edit | edit source]
A broken water pipe at the bottom of the ramp from the entrance leads between the brewery and the Gwinnett Restaurant. The bottom level of the brewery is inhabited by approximately five mirelurks hidden in mud piles and five egg clutches.
A small plank ramp on the southeast wall leads onto some pipes for access to the pipes and catwalks of the higher levels, and from there up to the roof. On the roof are two office pods. One can be accessed by shooting the door bar through the window. The other has an Advanced lock.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor issue #6 - On a desk next to a terminal, in an office on the northwest wall, on the higher catwalk level inside the building. The Sole Survivor needs to climb up some pipes to reach it.
- Gwinnett stout recipe - On the main brewery's roof behind a barred door. The door can be opened by shooting the bar through the window. The recipe must be ejected from the terminal inside.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum - Behind the plywood in the reception area.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to easily access the roof directly by jumping onto the delivery semi-trailer parked in the loading dock and then to the roof.
- When at this location companions make comments, which are activated at two locations: the entrance and at the brewing floor.
|Curie||entrance||"Excess of drink is the cause of many health problems."|
|brewing floor||"Ah, the famed Gwinnett Brewery. It was one of the oldest in America."|
|Deacon||entrance||"Ah, for the lack of a brewer."|
|brewing floor||"Gwinnett Brewery. Now that's the stuff."|
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Gwinnett Brewery appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Based on the name and location of the brewery it is likely a reference to the Samuel Adams Brewery, a Boston-based company located in South Boston with a name similarly inspired by a signatory of the Declaration of Independence.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide - p. 515: The venerable brewing operation was started by a local beer maker name Button Gwinnett, namesake of one of the founding fathers. Their Southie Stout was voted "Bostons Best Beer of 2051 and 2062."
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide, p. 516: The front-of-house restaurant allowed beer aficionardos to sample such fine products, as Gwinnetts Pale Ale, Peabody Pilsner, Dead Redcoat Ale, and the infamous Bunker Hill Brew