|For a cross-game overview, see Gulper.|
Gulpers are descendants of pre-War salamanders. Preferring to stay near water, they can also hang on trees in order to take their victims by surprise, slide through swamp-like areas, and hide underwater. Gulpers can be found throughout the Mire and the Cranberry Bog.
Their skin is coated in a thin mucus, and their coloration is blotchy and uneven. They stand with a hunched back around six feet tall and walk upright on their hind legs when moving slowly or standing still. They run using all four legs and are able to outrun a non-mutated human. If a player gets too close, they can pounce and swing their massive clawed hands, dealing significant damage.
Having movement patterns similar to deathclaws, when engaged in combat, they will rush towards the player, trying to dodge bullets if shot, and will attack with its paws and its large mouth, or even do a slide attack where they hit the player with their snout.
Gulpers can also be seen hanging upside down on tree branches, dropping down to attack the player when they come near. Gulpers also have the passive ability of slowly regenerating health. Gulpers will not enter buildings or climb stairs. If a player enters a building or climbs stairs, the gulper will retreat but stay in the general area.
|Name (Form ID)||Abilities||Items|
- Can always be found at Gulper lagoon.
- Can sometimes be found at Dolly Sods Campground.
- Can sometimes be found at the creekside sundew grove, fighting super mutants.
- Can sometimes be found at the treehouse village.
- Can often be found at Pylon V-13.
Gulpers appear in Fallout 76.
- "Sample retrieved from a lagoon west of the Thunder Mountain Power Plant. Appears to be a descendant of the humble salamander."
Enclave research facility terminal entries; Subject Z-02