Quick walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The objective of this event is to defend four speakers from attackers. These attackers will be leveled dependent on the player character. Broken speakers may be repaired. Depending on the number of speakers intact once the event timer expires, participating players will be rewarded with the level 1-4 Zen Mastery effect. If all four speakers are simultaneously destroyed, the event will end in failure.
Detailed walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The player character will be directed to the courtyard of the Palace of the Winding Path to light the Brazier of Enlightenment, which is located at the very center of the courtyard. From there, they will have 30 seconds to prepare their defense of four Meditation Hubs for five minutes from waves of feral ghouls.
Once the preparation phase is completed, feral ghouls will begin to spawn between the courtyard and ponds. These feral ghouls will prioritize the four speakers over the player character, which means that they will move quickly and will usually need to be attacked first before engaging the player character rather than the speakers.
The 'Meditation Hubs' are speakers that are located throughout the palace grounds, and are always in the same positions:
- The first Interior Meditation Hub is located in the large central building's upper floors, in the center of a vaulted meditation room. It on the same level as the first speaker.
- The second Courtyard Meditation Hub is located to the immediate north, just up the stairs from the starting Brazier.
- The third Bridge Meditation Hub is located to the southwest of the Brazier, down the main outdoor staircase and beneath a gazebo located along the western side of the pond.
- The fourth Side Meditation Hub is located on the eastern exterior of the wall surrounding the central courtyard, beneath a pagoda to the southeast of the Brazier.
Based on the positions of speakers and the spawning locations for the feral ghouls, the Bridge and Side Meditation Hubs will be attacked the most. If a solid defense is put up, the Interior and Courtyard Meditation Hubs can be safely ignored.
Once the five minute timer is up without all four speakers being destroyed at once, the player character will be rewarded based on the number of surviving speakers.
Zen Mastery[edit | edit source]
While the event is active, the participating players receive an upgraded version of the Zen Mastery buff. This is a unique Health Regen buff, so it stacks with other Health Regen buffs. The magnitude of the buff is dependent on the number of active speakers.
- Rank 1: +100% Health Regen
- Rank 2: +200% Health Regen
- Rank 3: +300% Health Regen
- Rank 4: +400% Health Regen
After the event completes, the player is awarded a temporary Zen Mastery buff. This is the same unique Health Regen buff, but at a smaller magnitude. The duration is dependent on the number of active speakers at the time of the event ending.
- Rank 1: +33% Health Regen for 15 minutes
- Rank 2: +33% Health Regen for 20 minutes
- Rank 3: +33% Health Regen for 25 minutes
- Rank 4: +33% Health Regen for 30 minutes
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Guided Meditation used to spawn either feral ghouls or super mutants with mutant hounds. This was changed when they reworked the Public Events system.
- Guided Meditation did not have a voice modulator on the spiritual guide's voice until the Public Event system patch.