|Side Quest: Guard the caravans|
|Speak to the caravans' owners.|
|Guard the caravans against any threat.|
|Receive your payment at the end of the destination.|
|Reward: 200-600 caps|
Regarded as crazy by many, the Crimson Caravan offers the greatest variety of caravan routes to work on: Junktown, Boneyard, Necropolis and the Brotherhood of Steel. Their encounters are also the hardest and require good weapons and armor to make it to the destination, not to mention, encounters are guaranteed. The pay is 600 caps each way.
Far Go TradersEdit
Commonly regarded as the nicest merchant company in the Hub, the Far Go Traders offer good pay (400 caps each way), have moderately difficult encounters (and a 75% chance to even have one), and work the routes to Junktown, Boneyard and the Brotherhood of Steel. They leave three times a month, on the 8th, 18th and 28th.
Talk to Rutger and then to the caravan driver in their building to hook up with a caravan.
The biggest company in the Hub is also the least profitable, at least to guards. They only work two locations, Junktown and Adytum, and offer 200 caps each way. The Water Merchants' routes offer the least encounters (5 in 10 times), and they leave the most often (1st, 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, and 25th).
200, 400 or 600 bottle caps depending upon which company the Vault Dweller worked for.
- Upon arriving at the caravan's destination the Vault Dweller has 2 hours to have a look around, after that the caravan leaves and heads back home.
- The following actions will prevent the Vault Dweller from taking any further jobs with a caravan:
- Running to the exit grid before all hostiles have been eliminated, effectively 'abandoning the caravan' (this does not happen with the Crimson Caravan, escaping from a hostile encounter only leads to the successful delivery or return travel, along with getting paid).
- Insulting the caravan leader.
- Stealing from the caravan.
- Destroying the caravans themselves.