Fallout Interactive Experience
Do you like this video?
“Just good, honest infantry work! You do 25% more damage with 9mm and .45 Auto pistols and SMGs, service rifles, assault and marksman carbines, light machine guns, frag grenades, grenade rifles and launchers, and combat knives.”— In-game description
25% more damage with 9mm and .45 Auto pistols and SMGs, service rifles, Assault and Marksman carbines, light machine guns, frag grenades, grenade rifles and launchers, and combat knives
- Grunt was designed as an alternative to the Cowboy perk.
- The combat knife and its unique variant, Chance's knife, are the only weapons boosted by both this perk and Cowboy. The explosives such as frag grenade and grenade rifle rounds can also be perk stacked by combining with Demolition Expert.
- Due to the perk's introduction in Honest Hearts, Gun Runners' Arsenal or any other DLC aside from Honest Hearts cannot reference it without introducing load order bugs.
- Question: "Is the Grunt perk intended to make some tier 3 and 4 weapons more viable in the later game to expand the player's weapon choices?"
Josh Sawyer: "A bit. I think I just realized that I had overlooked the desire to be a tough military type character and use those weapons exclusively. There are perks tailored to a variety of weapon styles, most notably Cowboy. Since HH introduced the .45 Auto weapons, I thought it was a good time to make a Cowboy-equivalent perk."
(J.E. Sawyer on Formspring, 19 Aug 2011)
- Question: "On the GRA Steam page, it says the Bozar is intended to be an "all-powerful LMG"; does that mean it was intended to benefit from the "Grunt" perk like the LMG? It doesn't seem to, not that it isn't a beast of a weapon as-is."
Josh Sawyer: "Unfortunately, because Grunt was introduced in Honest Hearts (DLC), GRA cannot reference it without introducing load order bugs. Sorry."
(J.E. Sawyer at Formspring, 14 Dec 2011)