The grisly diner is a dilapidated Dot's Diner north of the Temple of the Union and south-west of relay tower KX-B8-11 in the Capital Wasteland in 2277. While empty when first entered, a band of raiders is usually waiting to ambush those who enter.
Located east of the curve, off the road, this abandoned diner is on the gentle uphill raising eastward. There are four frag mines set at each of the two entrances to the diner. Numerous corpses and body parts are found within, typical to raider owned locations. Behind the counter, there are two traps, a chain trap and a pressure plate trap. Outside the back door, there is a bed immediately to the right alongside the wall, across from which are some weapons and ammunition boxes.
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor on a shelf in the diner.
- Keller family transcript 3 on a desk behind the diner behind the wall.
- U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes in a destroyed bus just north of the diner.
- Entering the diner will spawn raiders who will enter from both sides of the diner. If not engaged, they will take seats or loiter. It is difficult, however, to avoid being spotted by the three coming in from the rear. They do not enter and ambush until someone goes behind the counter or exits out of the back door of the diner.
- There is an oversized first aid box at the diner.
- Grisly diner appears in the ending slides.
The grisly diner only appears in Fallout 3.
- Body parts from raiders have a tendency to 'float' if they are killed in the diner.[verified]
- Sometimes the holotape will not appear on the desk.[verified]