Griffon is an entrepreneur of dubious morals. His scheme revolves around purchasing Aqua Pura, and stashing it away to sell it later to factions that do not get supplied with it by the Brotherhood, such as raiders, slavers, Brotherhood Outcasts, and others. To make double the profit, he fills the Aqua Pura bottles with irradiated water and sells it to ghouls in Underworld, while claiming that it reverses the ghoul condition, a claim that is bolstered further by the fact, that he is looking pretty healthy for a ghoul. He is seen wearing a wig, which he found in the Museum Authority stock room.[Non-canon 1]
Griffon is found on a stage in the Museum of History lobby, presenting his "miracle elixir." He states that his elixir can cure halitosis and skin flaking, as well as boosting the reinvigoration of hair growth and even prevent bullying, among other extraordinary effects.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is a merchant.||Sells: Aqua Cura|
- The Amazing Aqua Cura!: Speaking to Griffon will start the quest. Through certain quest options, the player character is able to blackmail Griffon, allowing them to return once a week for their share of the cut or to be paid in full for their silence immediately.
Effects of player's actions
- Griffon can be killed by an angry mob if the player character chooses certain paths in The Amazing Aqua Cura! quest. If he somehow manages to defeat the mob, he will exit out the museum front door and will permanently disappear from the game.
- If one wears a wig, a special dialogue option about matching haircuts can be chosen, in which Griffon tries to write it off as a coincidence.
- Although the world model of Aqua Pura is the same as dirty water, he is holding a bottle of purified water as he talks on the stage.
- When he is attacked by the mob, he may run into the museum's lower halls, which are infested with feral ghouls. Even though he is a ghoul himself, he will still be attacked.
Behind the scenes
- His style of salesmanship resembles the 19th century snake-oil peddlers, right down to the large covered wagon, big banner, stage and fraudulent claims over the "miracles" his product can perform.
- If Griffon gets killed, his body will still generate around 200-600 caps once a week. If one plans on doing this, make sure he has something left on his body so he won't disappear.[verified]
- If one removes Griffon's dirty pre-War businesswear after he is killed, his body is shown as a female model, with the head usually missing.[verified]
- Sometimes he will have several hundred miscellaneous items such as skill books or cut items for reasons unknown.[verified]
- Fawkes may not be in the museum.[verified] While he is advertising Aqua Cura,
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p. 75: "Griffon
Griffon is a huckster, a con-man, a snake oil salesmen. His current scheme is purchasing Aqua Pura, and stashing the water to sell to humans the Brotherhood isn't giving it to (Raiders, Slavers, Outcasts, etc.). He then puts regular irradiated water in the Aqua Pura bottles, and sells it to Ghouls in Underworld as "Aqua Cura," claiming it reverses the Ghoul condition. He wears a wig he found in the Museum Authority stock room, and for a Ghoul, looks pretty healthy (just a coincidence, but helps make it seem like he’s selling the real deal)"
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)