|For an overview of grenade launcher models in all games, see Grenade launchers.|
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The grenade rifle launches 40mm grenades over a respectable distance. Although its range is longer than regular hand grenades and the fuse is impact-triggered instead of timed, its ammunition is less powerful and its single-shot, break-action design makes rapid-fire impossible.
Durability[edit | edit source]
The grenade rifle can fire a total of about 495 standard rounds from full condition before breaking.
Mods[edit | edit source]
- Grenade rifle long barrel - Doubles effective range.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Thump-Thump - found in Nellis Air Force Base, on the generator room floor.
- Mercenary's grenade rifle - a unique variant added with the Courier's Stash add-on.
- Great Bear grenade rifle - a unique variant added found in the Long 15.
- Red Victory grenade rifle - a unique variant found at Dry Wells.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Great Bear grenade rifle||15||246.4||100||2.14||x1||15||32||3.6||0.5||1||1245||5||950||190||25||3|
|Mercenary's grenade rifle||2||218.6||100||2.14||x1||1||35||2.9||1.0||1||495||5.5||300||54.5||0||3|
|Red Victory grenade rifle||2||327.9||100||3.21||x1||1||29||3.5||1.0||1||620||4||950||237.5||25||3|
Locations[edit | edit source]
- In Nipton, in a house east of Nipton General Store in a Very Easy locked safe, along with a copy of Patriot's Cookbook and some 40mm grenades.
- Can be found on Boomers. In addition, there are two grenade rifles on the bodies of the two Boomers in the Nellis array, and one can be stolen from Pearl's barracks.
- Sold by Lacey in the Mojave Outpost barracks.
- Carried by Oscar Velasco.
- In the Tops presidential suite, in an Average locked safe.
- Sold by Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company.
- Dropped by several Fiends in Vault 3.
- Carried by some Jackal gang leaders and members.
- Vipers often carry them, such as those found at Horowitz farmstead and the raided farmstead.
- Can be pickpocketed from Mags at Camp Golf.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike the grenade launcher, it requires a Strength of 3 to wield effectively.
- The ladder-type rear sight on the weapon is not used when aiming, instead, the player character aims down the barrel, using only the front sight.
- Due to the unusual shape of the weapon's stock (when compared to most shoulder-fired shotguns in the game) the stock rests above the shoulder when aiming in third-person mode.
- This weapon has the most unique counterparts in the entire game with add-ons installed, reaching a total of four.
- Looking down the barrel with no ammunition left still shows the weapon is loaded with a grenade.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Xbox 360 Sometimes, the launcher will not fire if you are not aiming down the sight. [verified]