The building features the remains of the C.I.T.'s Greenetech building, where genetic manipulation and other secret experiments occured. In recent years, it became the site of a Gunners salvage operation, recovering scrap material and usable components from the derelict building.
The building cannot be accessed before the quest Hunter/Hunted (the door is blocked by rubble until then).
It contains a small reception area with broken stairs to some catwalks. To the north are functional stairs leading to the second floor. There is also a lobby to the west that is only accessible from the second floor. There's an unlocked terminal on the ground floor of the lobby that controls some turrets.
It contains catwalks leading northward to a hallway with some offices, then curls around to stairs going up.
It contains bathrooms in the northeast corner and offices to the north. A fusion core can be found in the red trash can at the entrance of the bathrooms. A ramp on the southwest side leads to the next floor.
It contains a Novice locked terminal that controls some turrets, followed by a catwalk that leads across to the east side and into a lab area and kitchen. Past the kitchen is a Novice locked door that leads to a mini armory with a trapped chest. Down the hall is another ramp leading up.
It starts in a lab area. To the north are a couple of offices; one of which holds a Stealth Boy. To the west is a catwalk that heads to the other side of the lobby, with a hallway leading to offices on the north side and back around to the east side, where the stairs to the next floor are located.
A trapped stairwell to the seventh floor.
It contains a lab area with an Advanced locked door to the west, as well as a security control terminal and a safe. Just to the south is a room with stairs going up and an elevator, above a couple of small storage rooms.
Immediately after the elevator, there will be a Master locked terminal that opens a security door to a room with 2 fusion cores. On the other side of the room, just before the stairs, is an Advanced locked door and an advanced locked terminal that leads to a room with a fusion core, Mentats, and Rad-X behind the door.
It contains a pair of Novice locked terminals leading to minor loot inside rooms. Through the door to the south, stairs in the southwest lead to a desk with a broken terminal and a small caps stash next to it. The stairs in the south leading up to the final floor.
The top floor is an open area with a side room that is locked during the Hunter/Hunted mission and stairs leading up to the roof. There is a Fat Man on the stairs landing on top of a chest. During the Hunter/Hunted mission, there is a mini nuke under the stairs.
An ammo box and a skeleton are found on the roof.
- Massachusetts Surgical Journal Issue #7 - On the third floor, on a small white table between two large red couches, against the midpoint of the north wall. (Note: there may be a glitch that causes the HUD compass to point in the wrong direction while wearing power armor). This is after a large, two-level open room with multiple turrets. After the Sole Survivor next climbs stairs goes through a diagonal, and comes out in a long room, the white table is on the right.
- A Stealth Boy - On a table along with up to five missiles, in a room in the northeast corner of the fifth floor.
- An overdue book - On the fifth floor on a small table between two chairs before heading up to the sixth floor.
- Three fusion cores:
- Two are behind a gate controlled by a Master locked terminal, right after taking the elevator up to the eighth floor.
- One can be found on the eighth floor, in a room with an Advanced locked door (right after the above-mentioned two fusion cores) on a table next to a microscope.
- Fat Man - On the stairs where one confronts the courser.
- Greenetech Genetics password - On the top floor, in the red toolbox. Accesses the nearby terminal that unlocks the room holding K1-98.
- Mini nuke - Under the stairs that the Fat Man is on.
- On the third floor in the restrooms (northeast on the local map), there are wooden blocks on the floor behind the stall doors that spell "Gary", a reference to Vault 108 in Fallout 3.
- On the fifth floor on a console desk there are some wooden blocks (I & D and B & Y) as well as an eight ball and knife and fork. They spell out I 8 U.
- On the fifth floor, there is a blackboard with three bullet holes in it. Below the bullet holes are old, dried bloodstains. To the side are three chalk X's, just as seen on the Fens Phantom's displays in the Fens Street sewer.
Greenetech Genetics appears only in Fallout 4.
If one has completed the Hunter/Hunted quest (where you kill the courser), it may cause the cell (a few blocks in all directions of Greenetech Genetics) to be bugged so that when entering that area, the game crashes. It does not matter which direction one approaches from. [verified]
- On the ground, determine the exact threshold, then save, then turn around, look straight at the ground and move backward (looking at the ground). This may the player character to get past this bug (on the ground) but if they enter any building in that bugged area, they cannot exit via the door; use coc and the location one wishes to travel to.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition pp. 415-416: "[7.11] GREENETECH GENETICS
This vertical maze features the remains of the C.I.T.’s Greenetech building, where genetic manipulation and other secret experiments were undertaken. Once inside, prepare for a battle between Gunners as synths. Your target is located at the top of this structure’s interior. The Courser Chip is your quest item to locate."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Greenetech Genetics terminal entries; terminal, materials gathered