|For a list of all Commonwealths in the Fallout universe, see Commonwealths.|
The Great Midwest Commonwealth or Midwest Commonwealth was one of the thirteen commonwealths of the pre-War United States of America. Created in 1969, it was comprised of the former states of Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana and Michigan.
It seems that the Illinois Wasteland was conquered by stranded Brotherhood of Steel members known as the Midwestern Brotherhood, although the exact amount of territory that they own is unknown. They led a harsh rule on the state. Enclave outposts are also said to be located in the boundaries of Chicago.
- Former Illinois
- Bunker Alpha (Fallout Tactics)
- Bunker Beta (Fallout Tactics)
- Bunker Gamma (Fallout Tactics)
- Chicago (Appears in Fallout Tactics; mentioned in Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76)
- Dirt Haven (Fallout Tactics)
- Freeport (Fallout Tactics)
- Macomb (Fallout Tactics)
- Peoria (Fallout Tactics)
- Quincy (Fallout Tactics)
- Rock Falls (Fallout Tactics)
- Springfield (Fallout Tactics)
Places in the Great Midwest Commonwealth appear in Fallout Tactics, and were mentioned in Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and its add-on Lonesome Road, Fallout 4, Fallout 76, and Van Buren. Additionally, it was also the setting of Van Buren tech demo because of the presence of Armstrong, a corporal serving in either the 4th or 13th Great Midwest Commonwealth Armored Infantry Division.
- Named Midwest Commonwealth in J.E. Sawyer's Fallout Role-Playing Game.
- Plaque on the Massachusetts statehouse in Fallout 4 gives 1969 as the formation date of the "Thirteen commonwealths"
- Fallout: Tactics world map