Greased Lightning is a power fist variant with an extra hydraulic shock. It is powered by a nuclear battery, using the emissions from a radioactive isotope to generate electricity that greatly enhances the execution speed of its mechanism.
It appears to have a nickel black metal plating with a radiation symbol painted on the top, and three light copper colored pistons. On the fist's right side, there is a "Radiation risk" warning sign. On the left side, there are 33 tally marks.
Greased Lightning has a lower damage (DAM) value than most higher-leveled Unarmed weapons in the game. Despite this, its extremely high attack speed gives it a higher damage per-second (DPS) than most, making up for the lack of damage output. Greased Lightning is also an improved holdout weapon, so it may be snuck into casinos. It cannot accept weapon modifications like the normal GRA variant.
V.A.T.S. Special Attacks
|- Type of attack||- Skill required|
|- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per action point||- Additional effects|
|Stomp||50||128||20||6.4||Only on knocked down enemies|
|Cross||75||70.4||20||3.52||2.5x damage to limbs|
- Note: Unarmed weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
Greased Lightning can successfully strike about 995 times from full condition before breaking.
- Power fist - The common variant found in the Mojave Wasteland.
- Power fist (GRA) - A variant added with Gun Runner' Arsenal that accepts modifications.
- Industrial hand - A fully automatic bladed industrial tool.
- Salt-Upon-Wounds' power fist - A unique power fist carried by Salt-Upon-Wounds in the Three Marys.
- Saturnite fist - The common variant found in the Big MT.
- Saturnite fist super-heated - The variant that underwent the process of overheating in the Sink.
|- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||- Action point cost|
|- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per action point|
|- Damage per second||- Weapon spread|
|- Area of effect damage||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|- Effect damage & duration||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|- Bonus effects||- Weight|
|- Attacks per second||- Value in caps|
|- Critical chance % multiplier||- Value to weight ratio|
|- Critical damage||- Skill required|
|- Critical effect damage & duration||- Strength required|
|- With all mods attached|
|Industrial hand||50||160||Ignores DR/DT||3.2||x1||40||65||1.5||7995||10||2500||250||75||7|
|Salt-Upon-Wounds' power fist||45||64.4||+3/10s||1.36||x1||45||25||4.8||495||6||2500||416.7||50||6|
|Saturnite fist super-heated||55||90.8||1.65||x1||55||+2/5s||25||4.4||595||4||2400||600||55||5|
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Special unarmed attacks can be performed at extremely fast speeds with this weapon.
- Due to the weapon's high attack speed and low damage, its condition decays faster.
- Targets can fly into the air or skid across the ground when killed with the fist.
- If the Brotherhood of Steel is hostile towards the player, Greased Lightning may be impossible to obtain. This is because Torres is set to respawn every three days. (See Torres' bug section)
- Even if Torres is dead, the Gun Runners may not sell the power fist. This may be fixed by uninstalling, then reinstalling the add-on.
Behind the scenes
"Faster than greased lightning" is an American idiom. The phrase was popular in the 50s and 60s, and refers to the weapon's high attack speed.