Grandma Sparkle was born in 2205. Despite the recent super mutant and raider incursions, she refused to leave the wharf. She's protected by her deft hunting rifle skill and her family, who are out searching for mirelurk meat. She's tasted all kinds of critters and swears that mirelurks are the most delicious.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 60-240|
Sells: food, miscellaneous items
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Brahmin-skin outfit||.32 hunting rifle||Key to Grandma Sparkle's fridge|
Sometimes, Grandma Sparkle will begin wearing the motorcycle helmet that is usually found in the fridge next to where she is usually leaning against.
- "Well, lookit' this! We got us a wanderer all the way out here in Wilhelm's Wharf! You mus' got some import'int bus'ness out here to be wandrin' around."
- "My boys are huntin' 'Lurks. Finest meat you can get, and it don't move around in your stomach like Mole Rat does. Right dangerous, those things. Just as soon take your head off as look at'cha. Watch yourself out here. They're all over."
- "Yoohoo! Yao Guai! C'mon out!"
Grandma Sparkle appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Grandma Sparkle appears in a form list whose only other entries are for the unimplemented Rock Crick hunters, indicating that they are the "boys" who "are out hunting 'lurks."
- A partially completed dialogue option in the Broken Steel add-on was to have allowed the Lone Wanderer to ask Grandma Sparkle what she thought of Split Jack's gang. Sparkle's reply is not present.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Grandma Sparkle comments that some people came around asking her about "some do-gooder from one of them vaults". This is supposed to indicate that Lone Wanderer with good Karma is being hunted by Talon Company hitmen. An alternate dialogue about someone looking for "some troublemaker from one of them vaults" is supposed to be said for a karmically evil Lone Wanderer. However, the dialogue is set so that she checks her own Karma instead of that of the Lone Wanderer. Since she is a good non-player character, the evil dialogue never plays. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Sometimes, Grandma Sparkle will be sitting in the ground, under her chair. She acts exactly the same, and gets up as usual. [verified]