| || For the NCR policeman in Fallout 2, see Grant (Fallout 2).|
For other characters in the Fallout universe named Graham, see Graham.
Grant is a long time NCR ranger, best described as the "shoot first, never ask questions" type of soldier, someone who doesn't mind going into combat, so long as his soldiers shoot alongside him. He was injured at one point, which may explain his aggressive nature. He also seems to enjoy (and even volunteer for) more dangerous missions.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- You'll Know It When It Happens: Grant is coordinating security for the president's arrival and asks if the Courier can help.
- The House Always Wins VI: House instructs that Kimball must remain alive, so he directs them to Grant.
- Wild Card: Finishing Touches: As an optional objective, make sure Kimball doesn't die while giving his speech.
- For the Republic, Part 2: Moore wants the Courier to see Grant and run security with him during President Kimball's speech.
- Arizona Killer: He will be hostile if one tries to talk to him.
Despite wearing his eyepatch on his right eye, he takes aim he uses that eye. This is due to the aiming animation being only for right-handed characters.
Ranger Graham Grant appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- During the quest You'll Know It When It Happens, contacting Grant via radio will include the option "We're all fine here now thank you, how about you?" This is a reference to a scene from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, when Han Solo answers a call in the same manner for the now-dead detention level guards while in the process of rescuing Princess Leia from the Death Star.
- At some point during development, Grant was instead an NCR Captain by the name of Graham. References to this name still exist, notably in his GECK Editor ID: VHDCaptainGraham.
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 If you inform Ranger Grant in person after killing the Legion sniper on the tower during the quest You'll Know When it Happens, or if you choose the "goodbye" conversation option before the quest, he will sound as if he is talking to you through a radio even though you are standing in front of him.[verified]
- PC Sometimes he says that they're preparing to protect the president, and the only dialogue option is "Goodbye." To fix this, reset Ranger Grant by typing prid 0013721F then disable and last enable.[verified]
- PC When you say "I have to go" he will say bye in a different voice.[verified]
- ↑ First name found in the G.E.C.K