|For the restaurant inside the Ultra-Luxe in Fallout: New Vegas, see The Gourmand.|
For the legendary weapon effect named Gourmand's in Fallout 76, see Fallout 76 legendary effects.
The Gourmands originally were one of five raider gangs in Appalachia, that had a reputation of being "freaks" and "grisly and inhuman," likely because they were known to be cannibals. They unsuccessfully tried to exchange human flesh for goods with raider vendor bots, which led them to utter a note specifically addressing this.
After they split off from the other raiders and relocated to Bolton Greens, gang members like Jerry started to go missing, while some of them became suspicious about their leader Morris Stevens. The situation escalated when the gang was looking for another missing member named Gregory, and found his half-eaten corpse in Morris's room. This behavior was a direct violation of the gang's code to never feast on one of their own. The group then voted to exile both Morris and his wife Edie, who moved to the wendigo cave, where he subsequently ate her and became the "progenitor wendigo" not long after.
- Flavors of Mayhem: The Vault Dweller learns the ways of the Gourmands by hunting ghouls and devouring their flesh.
- Key to the Past: Rose tasks the Vault Dweller with recovering the Gourmands' piece of the raider stash code.
The Gourmands are mentioned only in Fallout 76.
- Vault Dweller: "Tell me about the old Raiders. The dead ones."
Rose: "My kind of people! We were hard core! The originals! Not these wanna-bes and losers who refuse to join up with me. We split into five gangs: Cutthroats, Trappers, Diehards, Blackwater Bandits, and the Gourmands. Each one was special in their own way, except for the Diehards. They were a bunch of boring losers"
- Rose: "... I'm not sure what you'll find at Bolton Greens, but I am sure that whatever happened to the Gourmands, it was as grisly and inhuman as they were. ..."
- Rose: "... Ok, this next one's a little disgusting, but it's ruthless, so I like it. My stomach turns just thinking about this. Then again, I haven't been hungry in a while, so who knows how desperate I'll be when I am and there's no more food to eat. Kind of like the Gourmands. We called them that instead of what they really were: cannibals. ..."
- Sunnytop Ski lanes terminal entries; Vincent Fried's terminal, RE: Disappearance
- Vendor bot Raider: "Note to the Gourmands: human flesh is not acceptable tender here."
(Vendor bot Raider's dialogue)
- Bolton Greens terminal entries; Gourmand's terminal, Entry 01
- Bolton Greens terminal entries; Gourmand's terminal, Entry 04
- Bolton Greens terminal entries; Gourmand's terminal, Entry 05
- Bolton Greens terminal entries; Gourmand's terminal, Entry 06
- Gourmands note
- Morris's end
- Rose: "Hey, I hope you're still alive out there, wherever you are, else I'm talking to a corpse. I assume the Gourmands just ate each other to death. I'll never ask what actually happened. The thought of eating another human grosses me out. ..."
- Impromptu raider meeting