Located just off Interstate 59, the Gorge junkyard was founded in 2025. It was one of the largest salvaging yards in the Forest and was used by the Responders for a time. It is currently uninhabited, though it is often searched by wastelanders. Dogbreath, working for the Free Radicals, took his crew to the junkyard at one point and recovered an engine hoist, block double hump heads and pistons to use in restoring a limousine for the gang leader, Roper.
The Gorge junkyard contains a varied array of junk, mineral deposits, and hollowed-out vehicles. It contains a concrete deposit, junk deposit, and black titanium deposit, and a space for a wood extractor. There is a power armor station in front of the main house and a chemistry station in a shed nearby. A set of raider power armor can be found in a locked (Picklock 3) trailer, alongside two raider corpses and an electric chair.
- Power armor chassis with raider power armor pieces - In a locked green truck trailer (Picklock level 3), beside a wooden shed east of the workshop, within the junkyard grounds.
- Potential armor mod - On a lower wooden crate at the porch of the house.
- Potential weapon mod - Near the workshop bench to the right, sitting at the edge of a cart.
- Potential recipe - In the kitchen of the house.
- Junk, black titanium, and concrete deposits can be found near the claimable workshop here.
The Gorge junkyard appears only in Fallout 76.
Behind the scenes
|The following is based on Fallout 76 cut content.|
Cut content exists in the game files that suggests this location was originally named "Remus' Junkyard," owned by someone named Old Man Remus. Another character, Henry, is associated with the location. An unused sign advertising Remus' Junkyard can still be found in the files, along with three world objects associated with the location: two warehouse doors and a unique safe. A Gorge junkyard storage key was also cut from the game.
|End of information based on Fallout 76 cut content.|
- Sign at the junkyard
- Lugnuts vehicle modifications
- Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p.305: "31. GORGE JUNKYARD (WORKSHOP)
With a Black Titanium and Concrete Deposits, as well as a plentiful supply of junk and other helpful items, this is bound to be a hard-fought location to claim and keep. Check the locked shed by the workshop for a Chem bench and some choice items. Unlock the military (green) trailer (3) to secure some possible Power Armor as well."
(Fallout 76 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Atlas of Appalachia)