Layout[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
The Goodsprings schoolhouse is surrounded by a broken fence and has two entrances, the front entrance and the side entrance near the tree stump. Near the east entrance two xander root plants grow near the tree stump (a third is added along with two giant mantis nymphs during the quest By a Campfire on the Trail).
Interior[edit | edit source]
There are five giant mantis nymphs inhabiting the building. There are also a pair of egg sacks which may spawn more mantis nymphs if shot and destroyed. The schoolhouse itself is filled with toppled desks, lockers, and assorted debris. In the back of the school, there is a long counter on which is a footlocker, toolbox, and an Easy locked terminal. On the floor near the terminal is an Easy locked safe. The safe can be opened via lockpicking or by hacking the terminal.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Stealth Boy - Inside the Easy locked safe.
- Two Programmer's Digest magazines - One is located on a bench near the terminal and the other is on a bench near a group of school desks.
- A Salesman Weekly - On the floor at the small room north near the exit.
- A Lad's Life - On the floor by the ruined school desks.
- A Meeting People - On the floor near the safe.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Courier asks Sunny Smiles about work in Goodsprings, she will mention that she doesn't know of any, but suggests looting the safe at the schoolhouse. She provides some bobby pins and a copy of Locksmith's Reader magazine to help pick the lock. If the Courier had already opened the safe, she will tell them to keep the bobby pins and magazine anyway.
- The lockers and desks are not safe to store items in, however, the safe and metal boxes are.
- The schoolhouse exterior will have giant mantis nymphs present during the quest By a Campfire on the Trail. They do not respawn.
- The terminal that can unlock the safe will become broken if the player character manually picks the lock.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Goodsprings schoolhouse appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Goodsprings schoolhouse is based on the real world Goodsprings Elementary School located in the town of Goodsprings, Nevada. Several aspects of the building are present in the real world location, such as the spire, proximity to other notable buildings, chain link fence, the shape of the building, and placement of windows.