The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Before the bombs fell, this location used to be called Scollay Square. The original name can still be seen in the The Third Rail on the wall to the right side of the bar. Goodneighbor was founded in 2240 by criminals who were exiled from Diamond City. It can be easily reached from the Mass Fusion building by traveling to the south-east.
The town is known for its criminal activity such as murder, extortion, and chem peddling. There are two shops near the entrance: one is run by KL-E-0, who sells weapons, and another (run by Daisy) that sells general items. The Third Rail is the town bar that was built out of an old subway station. It is owned by the self-appointed and beloved mayor, John Hancock.
Goodneighbor occupies Scollay Square and features:
- Join the Railroad holotape on the shelf in the second floor of Guns Guns Guns.
- 2 Join the Railroad holotapes in the Old State House. One upstairs were the drifters are sleeping, on a metal cabinet by the beds, the other on the top floor in John Hancock's office.
- Live & Love #8 On the bar to the right of the entrance in the Hotel Rexford.
- Live & Love #6 Upon entering the Third Rail, to the right into the restroom, the last stall on top of the back end of the toilet.
- RobCo Fun #2 In the Memory Den basement, on a desk to the left of the memory pod.
- Gwinnett pilsner recipe in The Third Rail on a table behind Whitechapel Charlie
- The residents of Goodneighbor dress and act like stereotypical mobsters. People in Diamond City say "they come from the pressed suit and tommygun school of thuggery" and "in Goodneighbor two things count, style and bodycount". A good example of this are the Triggermen, mafia-like groups operating out of secret bases such as Vault 114 in Park Street station. Goodneighbor residents are vehemently opposed to the Institute and show contempt towards the denizens of Diamond City, especially Mayor McDonough.
- Goodneighbor can also be accessed by the Fallen Skybridge at the collapsed section by simply jumping down into the city, which forces a loading screen.
- There are also three locked doors marked "Warehouse" in Goodneighbor. Whitechapel Charlie in The Third Rail offers a quest (after browsing his wares) to clear these buildings of hostiles. All three doors are novice locks, and all three areas are filled with Triggermen. As long as one sneaks into these houses, nobody in Goodneighbor will attack upon leaving.
- Three Triggermen and the corpse of a drifter can be found in an alley behind Hotel Rexford. The former will start fighting on being approached.
- If the Sole Survivor brings Piper to goodneighbor, The Neighborhood Watch will comment [she] "is the dame that writes Publick Occurrences, right? Good Stuff. I always did appreciate good investigative journalism."
Goodneighbor appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
In the real world, Mary Goodneighbor was a burlesque performer who was filmed in the Old Howard Theater by Boston's vice squad performing a striptease. This tape was central to getting the Old Howard Theater shut down, marking the general end of the Scollay Square district.
The Good Neighbor Program is a real world Section 8 housing program in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, so it's possible that it could be the basis for Goodneighbor's name.
- PC Bobbi's terminal is inaccessible. Even without collision, there is no way to use the terminal. This prevents the player from opening the nearby safe as it can only be unlocked via Bobbi's terminal. With the console command 'unlock', one can access the safe, though there will be no prompt indicating that the safe exists.[verification overdue]
- On the PC, a player may also use the console to "shrink" themselves temporarily to fit in the cramped chair. The command "player.setscale 0.93" will allow the player to use the console, albeit at an unusual angle, as they would normally. Afterwards, the player may use "player.setcale 1" to return to their normal size.[verification overdue][platforms tag needed]
- Playstation 4 When entering Goodneighbor, jumping as you open the door can put your character in a suspended jumping motion. You can fix this simply by pulling your weapon out.
- Xbox One When shooting a triggerman in the warehouses using VATS with a full critical bar, the whole game may start to glitch and shut down your game. Don't use your critical shot in the warehouses to avoid losing data that you haven't saved.[verification overdue]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.