Golgotha is the graveyard outside of New Reno, where people are sent to die. It is also the burial grounds of those who are killed when they fall out of favor with one of the mob families in New Reno.
Graves lie to all four sides of paved crossroads, and staked bodies rot in the sun. A sign points northwest to New Reno and down, conveniently indicating the direction of Hell.
Accessing[edit | edit source]
Golgotha cannot naturally be revealed on the map, and there are only three ways to get its location:
- Ask Jules in the Virgin Street of New Reno and ask to hear a little about, then about Golgotha when told about it.
- Try to disband Myron from the group and ask him about his favor; he will then tell about a secret Mordino stash containing the loot only accessible through this dialogue.
- During the quest to Track down Pretty Boy Lloyd, recover the stolen money, and make an... example of him for the Salvatores.
Loot[edit | edit source]
|Loot in Golgotha|
Magic 8 ball stash:
Grid for graves[edit | edit source]
Imagine the crossed street of Golgotha as a grid read like a book, left to right top to bottom. Northwest will be grid "A," northeast will be grid "B," southwest is "C" and southeast is "D."
|Graves in Golgotha|
Each Grave labeled A1-8 B1-5 C1-7 and D1-9.:
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Track down Pretty Boy Lloyd, recover the stolen money, and make an... example of him
- Find out who was responsible for Richard Wright's overdose
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The background music is City of Lost Angels, which was originally used for the LA Boneyard in Fallout.
- Digging up the other graves beside the one to Track down Pretty Boy Lloyd, recover the stolen money, and make an... example of him drains Karma (except for Coffin Willie's).
- Until getting a response from the magic 8-ball, a grave in the southeast section, marked as "Trash," is empty. Once the clue is given, the grave contains $374.
- It is the only peaceful means to obtain the mirrored shades.
- Golgotha is lavishly endowed with text descriptions on the grave markers: poetic inscriptions, limericks, and doggerel abound. Numerous names of Fallout 2 production staff are in evidence.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
In Christianity, the mountain where Jesus was crucified is also named Golgotha, a Greek word meaning "place of the skull," and the rest of the road in Golgotha forms a cross.
References[edit | edit source]