fiat currencies and rapid inflation, gold holds its value as a precious metal of finite quantity. Even after the Great War, gold bullion is still accepted by merchants and by traders specializing in gold.Gold bullion consists of solid bars or ingots of pure, 24 karat gold. Once forming the backbone of most currencies before
The currency is used to trade with gold bullion traders located in both Crater and Foundation as well as Vault 79 for various late-game plans and recipes; these traders include Regs, Samuel and Mortimer.
After completion of the Wastelanders main questline, gold bullion will become available:
- Earned as a reward for completing Secrets Revealed, the last quest in the Wastelanders questline.
- Obtained by trading in treasury notes earned from events and daily quests at gold press machines.
- Purchased from Smiley at the Wayward at a price of 1,000 caps per 50 ingots, up to a weekly limit of 300 bullion.
- A total limit of 200 gold bullion can be gained per day from treasury notes per character, with an additional 300 gold bullion being purchased from Smiley per week.
- Gold bullion has a limit of 5000 per character. Trading in treasury notes at this point will cause the gold bullion that was supposed to be received to be deleted. It will not be replaced if lost.
- Despite being from the pre-War US federal reserve gold bullion shares its appearance with the gold crafting component.
- The plans which are bought with gold bullion and the items which can be crafted from those plans cannot be traded, dropped, or sold to vendors. Attempting to drop the plans will instead destroy them. Legendary armor and weapons crafted from these plans can be exchanged for legendary scrip at a legendary exchange machine.