Glowing resin is an amber-colored bioluminescent sap that is found on the sides of various trees. It can be consumed raw to satisfy a small amount of hunger with a medium dose of radiation and chance for disease or can be cooked for additional benefits.
Predominantly found on the sides of trees in the Savage Divide and in the following locations:
- Five can be found just southeast of Marigold Pavilion. Three are on a large tree just east of the pond. Two more can be found on a smaller tree below the cliff, slightly closer to the pavilion.
- Three can be found on a tree north of Yellow Sandy's still, on top of the cliff overlooking the still.
- Three can be found in the wilderness south of Vault 96. One is on a tree near a copper deposit, while two more can be found on separate trees facing each other, farther to the south. On the world map, they are at the top part of the mountain illustration directly below Vault 96.
- Two can be found on a tree at the unmarked walking trail picnic area and vista, northwest of the North Cutthroat camp.
- Two can be found on a tree behind a cabin south of the Vantage.
- One can be found on a tree northwest of Site Alpha, past the gate, and close to the rock wall.
- From Top of the World, follow the ski lift that heads downhill from Top of the World towards the west. There are signs pointing to several ski runs. Follow the signs towards Lazy Way (to the west). There is some glowing resin at the foot of one of the trees; the second Lazy Way sign is pointing almost directly at it; the tree is between the second sign and a windmill.
- 200m north-northwest of 98 NAR Regional, there is an unmarked campsite with a yellow tent, a cooking station and a recipe. About 25m south-southwest of said campsite is a coniferous tree with one resin deposit.
- One can be found at Emmett Mountain disposal site. [verification needed]
- One can be found at Monongah Overlook.
- One can be found south of Blackwater Mine.
- One can be found on a tree northeast of the converted munitions factory, near a deathclaw nest.
- One can be found on a tree at Ripper Alley, to the north below the rocks.
- One can be found on a tree above the Whitespring bunker.
- One can be found on a tree east of Pleasant Valley Station, north of the lake.
- Several can be found on trees on either side of the road heading from the Whitespring Station to Middle Mountain Cabins, some distance beyond the entrance to Blackwater Mine and an abandoned school bus.
It can also be as bottles in the following locations:
- One bottle can be found at the moonshiner's shack.
- One bottle can be found inside Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06's South expansion, opposite of a brewing station, next to a barrel.
- In a boat at the northern end of Summersville Lake, northeast of New Gad.
- Two bottles on tables at South Cutthroat camp.