Glowing fungus, or Flammulina velutipes, is a mutated variant of the pre-War fungus. Common in temperate areas, the medicinal properties of the original mushroom have been enhanced by radioactive exposure, allowing it to be used in a variety of potent medicines, such as herbal treatments or even post-War RadAway. The mushrooms have also developed distinct bioluminescence, making them easily identifiable.
These common clusters of small green mushrooms exhibit a faint luminescence.
- Many can be found along the river in Flatwoods.
- Up to 46 can be found in the tunnel under Highway 65, from north of Watoga to south of the abandoned bog town. Look for tunnel openings along the highway.
- Up to sixteen can be found in the abandoned waste dump.
- Around five can be found at Firebase Hancock.
- Three in Carson family bunker.
- One can be found in Kanawha Nuka-Cola plant, basement level.
- One can be found at Burdette Manor.