|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and is not canon.|
Glenda Close was the person in charge of medical research, as well as practical applications of medicine in the field. She was described as a hot, raven-haired, middle-aged woman with keen eyes.
A deeply religious person, Glenda held the beliefs of her people firmly in her heart. At the time of the "rescue" Glenda was rebounding from a failed relationship and thought that there was a connection between herself and the Warrior. Just like all of the Reavers rescued by the Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel squad, she was placed in an internment camp. After that it is unknown what happened to her, she may have been either set free, made to continue her research as a scribe or restricted to labor camps.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in missions.|
|This character appears in the following locations.|
- "I am Glenda Close, First Doctor of the Movement! I...(sharp breath) and I am honoured to meet your acquaintance, Beautiful One. I apologize for my words but, you seem an incandescent angel in a time shadowed with darkness. I can feel your energy pulsating within me like an out-of-phase inductor! Lead me to safety while my feet still obey my brain's electro-commands! (whispers) "You must have been sent by His capacitance". (spoken to the sky) I welcome your gift, Holy One."
- "You have brought me to this safe haven and for that, I thank you. I don't know how to begin explaining this passionate energy between us, except to tell you... "I love you." And if you search your soul, you'll find that you possess the same love for me! The differences of our backgrounds and various communicable diseases will be difficult problems to overcome, but with us working together, Satansoft himself could not bar our way! I'll wait for you inside your quarters back at your main base. Take care My Love."
Behind the scenes
- Glenda's attraction to the player is a pop-culture reference to the movie Fatal Attraction, which stars actress Glenn Close.
- Developers comments from the Fallout Bible entry, Fallout Tactics and hot, steamy sex:
- Daniel Levin: Even though the Glenda Close professes her instant and undying love for the character (either sex would have the same result... I think) she still ends up in the interment camp/brotherhood inquisitors regardless (which should be mentioned in the mission debrief).
- This fatal attraction was a spin off Fatal Attraction (starring an actress with a similar name). It also illustrates the no nonsense, heavy handed approach of Brotherhood rule. Hope this helps.
- Ed Orman: I'm not sure. I think Dan may have written her to be, shall we say, slutty, and she might have tried to come on to the player in her dialogue. But it wouldn't have ever eventuated in anything (such as her waiting for you back at the barracks in a slinky negligee).