The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
Originally just another mining complex, the cavern came into prominence after the War as an external laboratory for the Enclave. One of their experiments lead to the creation of scorchbeasts in 2083. Later, in 2095, Paladin Taggerdy led her men there to exterminate a scorchbeast nest. After discovering it was a lab, she was killed before she could relay this information to anyone.
The glassed cavern is a former mining complex consisting of long underground passages. Multiple Scorched inhabit the mine and a scorchbeast is found near the exit elevator. Corpses of fog crawlers, cave crickets and mirelurk kings litter the complex. There are also multiple scorchbeast bodies around the caverns along with the bodies of Brotherhood of Steel soldiers that killed them. The complex ends with a big cavern, where the body of Paladin Taggerdy can be found and her final moments can be heard on a transmitter.
- Multiple ultracite veins in the last cavern.
- BoS combat armor pieces on Paladin Taggerdy's body.
- Enola Walker's story, part 6 - Found in a backpack at the bottom of the elevator used to exit the cavern.
- Accident - Inside the cavern.
- I'm stuck here - Found on a desk in the area where scorchbeast bodies are first encountered.
- Have a nice life - Found on a crate just before starting up the incline to the last cavern with multiple scorchbeast bodies.
- Bad news
- Lieutenant Elizabeth Taggerdy's ID - On Elizabeth Taggerdy's corpse.
The glassed cavern appears only in Fallout 76.