Girdershade is a tiny settlement located under an overpass. It got its name from the broken-off portion of the bridge and the exposed girders: all that’s left of its superstructure. The population of Girdershade numbers two, Sierra Petrovita and Ronald Laren. They are both long-time residents of the settlement, Sierra having been the “founder” of the place and Ronald occupying the second house after its original occupants were slain.
- Kneecapper - Carried by Ronald.
- A random encounter of a scavenger offering the player a Nuka-Cola Quantum will mark Girdershade on their map if it hasn't been discovered yet. The scavenger will mark it regardless of whether or not the player purchases the Quantum from him.
- After The Waters of Life is completed, an Enclave camp consisting of one Enclave officer, two Enclave soldiers, and two Enclave deathclaws will appear north of the settlement. Occasionally, an Enclave soldier will wander into the perimeter of Girdershade, but will only spawn when the player exits Ronald's or Sierra's house.
- If the player has the Quantum Chemist perk, Sierra's house is a great place to pick up Nuka-Cola.
- Taking the Nuka-Cola from Sierra's house will result in negative Karma.
- Care should be taken when fast traveling to Girdershade, as various Wasteland creatures have a habit of wandering into the settlement. At higher levels this may include yao guai or radscorpions.
- Talking to Sierra and Ronald will provide the player with map markers for Evergreen Mills, the Dunwich Building, and the Nuka-Cola plant.
- Enclave sentry bots from the nearby camp may follow the player into one of the houses and may kill the resident.
Girdershade appears only in Fallout 3.