Together with her husband, Old Lady Gibson scavenged the nearby REPCONN test site, scrapping and selling everything they could from the location. Continuing to operate the scrapyard after her husband's death, she offers repair services and sells a variety of items. Living with her at the scrapyard are several pet dogs, including Basura, Rey, Reina, Colmillo, Fiel, and Audaz.
Gibson scrap yard consists of the scrapyard itself and a garage that serves as Old Lady Gibson's residence. The scrapyard has a gated entrance and several winding paths through piles of destroyed vehicles and tires. There are a few dumpsters with various miscellaneous items and owned metal boxes on the easternmost shelving units.
Opposite the entrance to the scrapyard is Old Lady Gibson's garage. The garage is comprised of two rooms, the first containing a table and chairs, a fridge, and a broken Nuka-Cola vending machine. The second room is the much larger garage area, containing a number of shelves, a motorcycle, and owned beds.
- Big Boomer - A unique variant of the sawed-off shotgun, owned by Old Lady Gibson.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap - In the garage room, on the bottom shelf along the east wall.
- With a reputation of "Hated" or worse with Caesar's Legion, fast traveling here can result in an ambush from a Legionary assassin squad.
- The chair in front of the garage on which Old Lady Gibson can usually be found sitting is the missing 'O' from the sign for the REPCONN test site. Moving the cursor over it will reveal the prompt "Sit in/on REPCONN "O" Chair."
The Gibson scrap yard appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenes
In Spanish Old Lady Gibson's dog's names translate as follows: "Audaz" means "bold," "Basura" means "trash," "Colmillo" means "fang," "Fiel" means "faithful," "Reina" means "queen," and "Rey" means "king."
- The Sunset Sarsaparilla cap near the tires may not appear.[verified]
- The contents of the outside of Gibson scrap yard may occasionally spawn outside of HELIOS One, Including two mole rats, and all of Old Lady Gibson's dogs. All of these animals will be hostile. This bug is preceded by the noise metal barrels make when moved. It can be fixed by reloading the autosave.[verified]
- The Screams of Brahmin holotape will spawn here, even if killed previously. If the player character chooses to attack the nightkin master, Old Lady Gibson, and her dogs will become hostile to the player character.[verified] Sometime after discovering the location, if you fast-travel to the location, the nightkin master carrying
- Inside a dumpster is a fission battery which cannot be interacted with. The other objects in the dumpster behave normally.[verified]
- Courier: "What can you tell me about REPCONN?"
Gibson: "Sometimes it seems like I spent the better portion of my youth in that old wreck of a building. Me and my hubby, may the man rest in peace, used to scavenge there. If it weren't bolted down, you can bet we took it and sold it. A lot of the scrap you see around here is from REPCONN, even my favorite chair."
(Old Lady Gibson's dialogue)
- The Courier: "Did you ever salvage containers of radioactive material from REPCONN?"
Gibson: "Certainly did. Hubby and me had an old rad meter to help us tell the difference between what you could salvage and what'd kill you. I kept a glowing container from REPCONN around here for years serving no better purpose than a nightlight. Damn thing wouldn't sell. Then along comes the most peculiar-looking fellow, all decked out in a yellow radiation suit, of which he was proud all out of proportion. The man outright asked if I had anything radioactive for sale - imagine that! But he paid handsome for that jar of goop. Only saw him that once. He said something about heading over to Clark Field to put his suit through its paces. A strange one, he was..."
(Old Lady Gibson's dialogue)
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p. 406: "[5.14] Gibson Scrap Yard
Old Lady Gibson has been running this modest scrapyard for the last few years since the passing of her husband. All she has now are memories, and a collection of hounds that she dotes on. Inside the garage is where Reina and Rey stay, and Old Lady Gibson rests. There's a metal box [Average] to open, either via Bobby Pins and talent, or by acquiring Gibson's through Pickpocketing or killing her. The box contains the Thrust Control Modules; vital for a Side Quest if its active. Unless you're heartless, there's no reason to get on the bad side of Gibson. Speak to her, and she can tell you about HELIOS One, as well as Repairing your items or Trading with you; she's one of the best in the Mojave! Finally, kill Gibson to take her Unique Sawed-Off Shotgun; Big Boomer."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)
- Courier: "Something's wrong with my cyber-dog. I was told to come to you."
Henry: "It's neural degradation. Bio med gel can only preserve a living brain for so long, so you'll need to find a replacement. I haven't left Jacobstown in years, but there was one woman in Novac... Gibson? I remember her living with a pack of hounds. Aside from her, I know that the Fiends and Caesar's Legion fight alongside dogs. There could be viable specimens among them, if you can get to them."
- Courier: "Doctor Henry sent me. I need a new brain for my cyber-dog."
Gibson: "Doctor Henry? Now there's a name I haven't heard in years. Hard to believe he's still alive. As for your request, it's, uh, a bit ghoulish if you ask me, but Rey is pretty old and I'll probably have to put him down soon enough. As for the price for this favor, 700 caps sounds about right. Rey's like family, and I've got other dogs to take care of."
(Old Lady Gibson's dialogue)