|Minutemen radiant quest: Ghoul Problem|
|Speak to the leader of the settlement.|
|Travel to the infested location.|
|Eliminate the feral ghoul target, usually a glowing one.|
|Report your success to the leader of the settlement.|
|Reward: ~100 caps|
|Report your success to Preston Garvey.|
|Reward: 200+ XP|
- Listen to the radio, talk with settlers or talk to Preston Garvey to get the quest.
- Speak to the contact in the settlement.
- Clear the feral ghouls from a random location. The Sole Survivor only needs to clear the targeted ghoul, usually a glowing one, to complete this objective. Failure to kill the targeted ghoul in a timely manner will result in the failure of the quest.
- Return to the contact in the settlement and inform them of the quest's success.
- (Optional) If the quest was started with Preston or Radio Freedom, return to Preston Garvey. If one decides to skip this step, the experience points will not be earned right away but a couple of days later, when the quest is supposed to expire.
If the settlement is already under the player character's control then they will receive 100 caps as a reward, otherwise they will win control of the settlement.
Settlements asking for helpEdit
Possible ghoul-infested locationsEdit
- PC Xbox One If the player character is sent to kill the feral ghouls at Fiddler's Green, Super Duper Mart, Mass Pike Tunnel, or generally any place given even they have already been cleared before and after receiving the quest, a quest marker may not appear and the quest may get stuck. Killing all the feral ghouls in that location may not update the quest. If this occurs, allowing time to pass until the quest fails may be the only way to complete it without console commands. [verified]
- The only non-cheating method of completing the quest if waiting doesn't work would be to outright murder the current settlers and forcefully take over the settlement workshop. Doing nuka-raider quest on that settlement also does the similar.
- Alternatively, the console command setstage MinRecruit07 200 can be used to proceed to the next step of the quest and report its success to the settler.
- Playstation 4 Sometimes the targeted ghoul may become stuck somewhere that the player character can't reach. The only way to kill the ghoul is by using explosives or other area-of-effect weapons.[verified]