The research for the Wasteland Survival Guide leads the Lone Wanderer to this location, which is accessible at any time via the metro stations. Emerging from the tepid sewers to the north are some small shops including Cornucopia Fresh Groceries and Radiation King. It is common to find both Talon Company mercs and super mutants in the area. Moving south and to the west, one will encounter the McClellan family townhome, which is just called the Townhome in-game. At the southernmost point of the map, there is the La Maison Beauregard building, as well as access to both the Penn Ave Georgetown Metro and metro access to the Mall.
- Lying, Congressional Style in the McClellan family townhome.
- Stealth Boy next to Grognak the Barbarian on the bookshelf in a blown up building near the exit of the DCTA tunnel 014-B Potomac overlooking C&O canal.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum in the Pulowski Preservation shelter next to Cornucopia Fresh Groceries.
- U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes inside the La Maison Beauregard lobby. As soon as the player character enters, turn left through a doorway and it will be on the floor behind the desk.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum on a shelf behind the upstairs bar in La Maison Beauregard.
- Stealth Boy, mini nuke as well as a couple of missiles on a pool table upstairs in La Maison Beauregard.
- A sniper rifle and .308 ammunition next to a dead raider on the second floor of a house in ruins east of the McClellan family townhome (accessible through the backyard area). Beware of the traps in both entrances to the house.
- Chinese Army: Special Ops Manual located in Georgetown Mall Metro near the last ticket booth closest to the Mall Northwest exit.
- Three pieces of scrap metal can be found on the shelves in the Radiation King store.
- The whole area has an abundance of car wrecks. Being ambushed by super mutants carrying missile launchers can lead to the cars exploding in a chain reaction.
- The pitching baseball machine trap has a different trigger. When trying to disarm it, the trap will tell the player character that it is activated somewhere else.
- The entire Georgetown area is filled with super mutants and centaurs.
Georgetown appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
Georgetown is a real neighborhood located in Washington D.C., containing Georgetown University and the C&O Canal. However, the real Georgetown is located west of the "Georgetown" neighborhood's position in Fallout 3; the latter is more closely aligned with the real-world Foggy Bottom neighborhood.