As civil unrest heightened across the country, General Atomics moved their focus away from this factory, which specialized in creating Miss Nanny units for child care. A General Atomics nuclear reactor powers the facility to the current day. While the production equipment has since degraded without regular repairs, the Quality Assurance Department still remains functional. Waste runoff from the facility contaminated the nearby waterways, contributing to the closing of the nearby Four Leaf fishpacking plant that would have happened between late 2077 and early 2078.
The reception area connects to two rooms: the bathrooms in the southeast corner and an assembly area to the north. The assembly area has three tiers, and a mag-locked door on the ground floor opened with a Novice-locked terminal, which leads to the other manufacturing section of the factory. Alternatively, one can also use the conveyor belt to jump into the other section. A stairway outside the bathrooms leads to the second story, containing a few offices, as well as an Expert-locked door to Mr. Kincaid's office. The busted wall of the office opens to a broken balcony allowing on to jump to a door that leads to the other manufacturing section.
There is a staircase in the the back of this section that leads up to the second and third tiers, as well as several radioactive barrels in the southeast corner (radiation peaks at 35 rads per second). The barrels rest beside a door to the factory's quality assurance wing; this wing houses three rooms that simulate a number of domestic situations that Ms. Nanny bots must responsibly complete.
The second tier has an Advanced-locked room in the northeast corner containing a Novice-locked safe; in the southeast corner is a room partitioned behind mag-locked security doors which contains several turrets and a Lieutenant Gutsy, as well as an armor workbench and steamer trunk. The third floor houses nothing of note besides an Expert-locked terminal.
- Tesla Science Magazine - On a desk in the northwest corner of the second floor. From the entrance, go straight ahead to the staircase, and it's in the office at the back of this room, directly above the building entrance.
- The General Atomics ID card, needed for the galleria - On a desk in an office on the second floor, behind an Expert locked door, underneath a battered clipboard next to Kincaid's terminal. From the entrance, go up the staircase and the office is the first door on the right. There is an alternate route into the room through the missing wall on the second floor above the assembly line.
- Complete Giddyup Buttercup in the third room of the Quality Assurance department.
- 3 fusion cores: Inside a safe at the end of the Quality Assurance department. Unlocked after the completion of the Quality Assurance unmarked quest.
- Quality Assurance: Completing several quality assurance tests will result in access to a previously locked safe.
- Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution
- Concierge: Mercer's new Railroad agent, Caretaker, needs help clearing a location so that he can make progress on helping a synth escape the Commonwealth.
- Variable Removal: PAM has intel on a courser in the field. An unchecked courser can cause tremendous damage to the Railroad and the Sole Survivor is tasked with eliminating it.
- A New Threat: The Mechanist's robots are found inside the factory and must be eliminated for a lead on the Mechanist's location.
When at this location companions make comments, these comments are activated at the quality assurance test chamber:
|Curie||"What were they testing here?"|
|Deacon||"And people wonder why all the robots around are nuts. Garbage in, garbage out."|
- bugs which occur if it is not completed upon your first visit. It is strongly recommended to complete this quest before leaving the factory.[verified] The unmarked quest Quality Assurance at this location has a number of
- Just before entering the test area in the QA department, there are some radioactive barrels on the left. The two white roller doors to the left of the barrels can both be opened, but there is only a void behind them. Entering the void will cause the player character to fall out of the map for a moment, then reappear at the main entrance to the building.[verified]
- On the third floor of the building, there is a terminal locked with Expert security near the working generator which will show nothing at all after being unlocked.[verified]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.513-514: "[18.02] General Atomics Factory
As civil unrest heightened across the country, General Atomics moved their focus away from this factory, which specialized in creating Ms. Nanny units for child care. A General Atomics nuclear reactor powers the facility to the current day. While the production equipment has since degraded with no one around to repair it, the Quality Assurance Department remains functional."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.511-512: "[18.01] FOUR LEAF FISHPACKING PLANT
This plant operated at a loss and was almost ready to shut down in October 2077. This was partly due to mismanagement, but the waste runoff from the nearby General Atomics Factory may have been a factor.
A local gangster’s secret laboratory helps chems flow through Goodneighbor like water. This secret lab is completely separate from the main plant interior. You can investigate the area during the specified quest (where you can obtain notes to shut off the laser tripwires and open the secret door), or you can try hacking the exterior terminal on the catwalk (Master) to get in."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)