There is a set of doors on the bottom floor leading to the QA Department. This area is accessible via a terminal next to the doors. Once inside, the player character will be identified as a nurse robot entering the area to test. This starts a small puzzle that can be completed to open a safe at the end of the hall.
- Tesla Science Magazine - On a desk in the northwest corner of the second floor. From the entrance, go straight ahead to the staircase, and it's in the office at the back of this room, directly above the building entrance.
- The General Atomics ID card, needed for the galleria - On a desk in an office on the second floor, behind an Expert locked door, underneath a battered clipboard next to Kincaid's terminal. From the entrance, go up the staircase and the office is the first door on the right. There is an alternate route into the room through the missing wall on the second floor above the assembly line.
- Complete Giddyup Buttercup in the third room of the Quality Assurance department.
- Quality Assurance: Completing several quality assurance tests will result in access to a previously locked safe.
- Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution
- Concierge: Mercer's new Railroad agent, Caretaker, needs help clearing a location so that he can make progress on helping a synth escape the Commonwealth.
- Variable Removal: PAM has intel on a courser in the field. An unchecked courser can cause tremendous damage to the Railroad and the Sole Survivor is tasked with eliminating it.
- A New Threat
When at this location companions make comments, these comments are activated at the quality assurance test chamber:
|Curie||"What were they testing here?"|
|Deacon||"And people wonder why all the robots around are nuts. Garbage in, garbage out."|
The General Atomics factory appears only in Fallout 4.
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One The unmarked quest Quality Assurance at this location has a number of bugs which occur if it is not completed upon your first visit. It is strongly recommended to complete this quest before leaving the factory.[verified]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Just before entering the test area in the QA department, there are some radioactive barrels on the left. The two white roller doors to the left of the barrels can both be opened, but there is only a void behind them. Entering the void will cause the player character to fall out of the map for a moment, then reappear at the main entrance to the building.[verified]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One On the third floor of the building, there is a terminal locked with Expert security near the working generator which will show nothing at all after being unlocked.[verified]
- ↑ Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p. 513: "As civil unrest heightened across the country, General Atomics moved their focus away from this factory, which specialized in creating Ms. Nanny units for child care. A General Atomics nuclear reactor powers the facility to the current day. While the production equipment has since degraded with no one around to repair it, the Quality Assurance Department remains functional."