A pre-War relic, the galleria was meant to be a demonstration of what a town's commercial district would look like if it were run entirely by robots. Inhabited only by Mr. Handies and Mr. Gutsies of varying personalities, the location is entirely oblivious to the War.
Just prior to the War, a grand opening supervisor was meant to arrive, whom the Sole Survivor can masquerade as in order to gain further access to the location. A manual password override can be found at the terminal in the back of the bowling alley, while the prior supervisor's password keycard can be found in the Director's office to the left of their desk.
If one reads the myriad of terminals, it can be learned that it is suspected that the previous supervisor was killed by the director, with an advisory that the park should be shut down permanently.
The various shops around the galleria remain open but will not operate normally until the grand re-opening event has been officially triggered. Due to errors in the Mr. Handy robots' programming, many interactions can result in the shopkeepers and inhabitants attacking the Sole Survivor, resulting in the destruction of robots that would have otherwise become vendors.
Buildings are arranged in a circular fashion around a courtyard, in which a central control tower is located. Behind the Advanced-locked door in Madden's gym is a terminal that can be hacked to activate a "Manager's Sale," providing a 25% discount. In clockwise order:
|Name of location||Inhabitant(s)|
|General Atomics outlet|
|Back Alley Bowling|
The grand re-opening
When going up to the director's office, the Sole Survivor will have several interactions available, all of which will result in the Director demanding that they identify themselves.
Several options involve passing Speech checks, although it is also possible to acquire a General Atomics ID card from the General Atomics factory, which will bypass the Speech checks entirely; in doing so, the director will gift a gold watch for 275 years of continued service. By succeeding any of the Speech checks, or by presenting the ID card, the galleria can be re-opened, allowing the grand prize for the re-opening raffle to be obtained. If attempting a Speech check (difficulty not dependent on Charisma), and failing, the Director will become hostile along with all the other robots at the facility.
Alternatively, if the director has been destroyed, one can use a password saved in the supervisor's terminal to access the computer in the director's office, where normally, the terminal's functions are disabled so long as the director remains functional. This terminal will provide the Sole Survivor with the options to start the grand re-opening on their own, permanently disable all of the residing robots, or initiate a self-destruct sequence. Updating the director's computer's firmware (re-opening the galleria) will immediately end the hostility of all the remaining Mr. Handies.
- Bakery tickets scattered at and around Pinelli's bakery, as well as the rest of the galleria.
- Galleria supervisor's password - On a skeleton in the director's office, and used to access a terminal in Back Alley Bowling.
- Galleria DMS override password - On the supervisor's terminal in Back Alley Bowling, and used to access the Director's override terminal.
- Galleria outlet workroom key - In a General Atomics outlet cash register, which can be used to open the backroom door.
- There are a large number of weights inside Madden's gym that amount to 317 pieces of lead.
- The bowling balls inside Back Alley Bowling can be scrapped, amounting to at least 259 pieces of plastic, or used to make the modified bowling balls fired by the Striker.
- After the grand re-opening, the next time the Sole Survivor travels back to the galleria after a short amount of time, the stores will be cleaned of customers' skeletons and trash piles inside the buildings, with some furniture moved. The exterior around the Giant Handy will remain in the same place, encumbered with destroyed cars, caddies, tires, and mud.
- After the grand re-opening, the Sole Survivor will see a scavenger living in the region. He will be seen walking between stores and will have a bag next to the boxing ring.
- Being a pre-War location, the vendors still only accept old pre-War money as currency, although this can later be changed by updating the director's computer's firmware to have the galleria accept bottle caps instead.
- The Bowling Alley Mr. Gutsy behind the counter is the only one that one can be spoken to without it becoming hostile if passing the "Can I just look around?" dialogue check after asking about "caps." Asking for the employee discount check will still cause hostility when walking further despite the permission.
- There are three small caches hidden on the rooftops that are accessible via the ladder within the bowling alley: a weapons cache on the department store, a chem cache on Madden's gym, and a caps cache on the Slocum's Joe diner. The ladder is inside, on the upper level of the west part of the building.
- When at this location companions make comments, which are activated at the gate.
|Curie||"The Mister Handy line really is quite magnificent, don't you think?"|
|Deacon||"This was built to immortalize our robotic overlords. True story."|
The General Atomics Galleria appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenes
On at least two monitors in the various buildings, are emails sent by a one "Isaac" in regards to the robots and their programming. In one case he discusses a "law" in regards to the robots' programming. This is a nod to famous author Isaac Asimov, whose literary works are mostly about robots, devising the famous Three Laws of Robotics.
- "Guard Gutsy" robots may not speak but their dialogue will be shown if subtitles are on. [verified]
- power armor targeting HUD installed and the residents are highlighted by its use, the robot inhabitants will attack. [verified] If the Sole Survivor has a
- As a follow up to the above bug: Even if no power armor is worn, half of the robots (Greeter, The Champ, Mack, Danny, and the Guard gutsies) are still hostile upon entry to the Galleria. Although one can try resetting each robot via console commands, a better option is to initiate the Grand Re-Opening from the Director's workstation: this will reset all robots to friendly. [verified]
- It is possible that inside the bowling alley, only the bartender will self-destruct after being issued the command through the director's terminal, leaving several robots alive. [verified]
- If the player character is caught in the fire caused by Bean's attempts to heat up coffee, companions may attack Bean, causing him to become hostile. [verified]
- The Director will sometimes glitch and become un-killable. This can be fixed by "crippling" every part in VATS causing the self destruct to initiate. [verified]
- On occasion, even after picking up the Supervisor's password and killing the Director, the player character cannot override the computer behind him. [verified]
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition pp. 280-281: "[2.11] GENERAL ATOMICS GALLERIA
A fully automated model shopping center designed by General Atomics to showcase the versatility of their line of robots. The centerpiece is a towering Mr. Handy statue. The location is currently closed due to a series of lethal programming glitches."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)