|For a cross-game overview, see Gauss pistol.|
The German-designed PPK12 Gauss pistol is a handheld alternative to the Gauss rifle. When fully charged, 2mm EC rounds are accelerated along the electromagnetic rail with enough force to maintain staggering stopping power against long distance targets. In the hands of a competent shooter, it is capable of piercing all but the most resilient armors.[Non-canon 1]
The Gauss pistol is a powerful sidearm with superior range and clip size to other weapons of its class. Like the larger Gauss rifle, the Gauss pistol can be charged to fire a more powerful round. When crafted, Gauss pistols use legendary modules, becoming legendary weapons with randomly determined effects.
As with other weapons only available after the main questline of Wastelanders, Gauss pistols cannot be traded, dropped, or sold to vendors.
Gauss pistols are always crafted at the maximum level available to the player character. The weapon will be a one-star, two-star, or three-star legendary weapon with randomly determined effects.
Legendary module (2)
Learned from plan/recipe
Plan: Gauss pistol
Gauss pistol (1)
- The Gauss pistol can be crafted at a weapons workbench if the corresponding plan is known. The plan can be bought from Regs for 250 gold bullion after the completion of the main questline for the settlers or raiders.
- Once the plan is known, Gauss pistols may be found as legendary weapons, earned either as quest rewards or obtained via crafting.
- The Gauss pistol takes its damage perks from the Gunslinger set, but its ammunition counts as an energy weapon and uses Batteries Included for weight reduction.
- The Gauss pistol is counted as both a ballistic and energy weapon, so it is affected by small guns bobblehead and energy weapons bobblehead, as well as corresponding magazines.
- The Gauss pistol is affected by the Grounded mutation.
Behind the scenes
Joon Choi concepted the weapon and its modifications, recreating the Gauss pistol from Fallout 2. Its modifications included an accelerator barrel, super charger barrel, and a shielded barrel. Its drum magazine was also designed to spin when ejecting 2mm electromagnetic cartridge rounds, with a red dot indicating when it was full and when it needed reloading.
- "Praised for its range and stopping power, the PPK12 Gauss Pistol is of German design. The pistol uses an electromagnetic field to propel rounds at tremendous speed and punch through almost any armor."
(Fallout 2 item description)
- Joon Choi Fallout 76 concepts
- Joon Choi Gauss pistol recreation
- Joon Choi Gauss pistol barrel modifications
- Joon Choi Gauss pistol drum magazine concept
- "Praised for its range and stopping power, the PPK12 Gauss Pistol is of German design. The pistol uses an electromagnetic rail to propel 2mm steel rounds at tremendous speed and punch through almost any armour."
(Fallout Tactics item description)