The Gauss minigun is a powerful, automatic ballistic weapon that rapidly fires 2mm electromagnetic cartridges that explode on impact. Compared to the 50 cal machine gun, the Gauss minigun has increased damage, accuracy, and nearly twice the magazine size. It can be further upgraded to deal energy damage, increase ammo capacity, and greatly increase fire rate. When crafted, Gauss miniguns use legendary modules, becoming legendary weapons with randomly determined effects.
As with other Wastelanders weapons only accessible with gold bullion, Gauss miniguns cannot be traded, dropped, or sold to vendors.
Gauss miniguns are always crafted at the maximum level available to the player character. The weapon will be a one-star, two-star, or three-star legendary weapon with randomly determined effects.
Legendary module (2)
Learned from plan/recipe
Plan: Gauss minigun
Gauss minigun (1)
Weapon mods can only be crafted if the corresponding plan is known. Mod plans for the Gauss minigun are bought from Mortimer in exchange for bullion and cannot be learned from scrapping Gauss miniguns.
- The Gauss minigun can be crafted at a weapons workbench if the corresponding plan is known. The plan can be bought from Mortimer for 750 gold bullion with a Raiders reputation of Ally.
- Once the plan is known, Gauss miniguns may be found as legendary weapons, earned either as quest rewards or obtained via crafting.
- The Gauss minigun takes its damage perks from the Heavy Gunner set, but its ammunition counts as an energy weapon and uses Batteries Included for weight reduction.
- The Gauss minigun is counted as both a ballistic and energy weapon, so it is affected by small guns bobblehead and energy weapons bobblehead, as well as corresponding magazines.
- Affected by the Grounded mutation.
Unlocking the Prime receiver will not unlock the ability to craft ultracite 2mm electromagnetic cartridges.
Behind the scenes