An American Civil War era weapon designed by Dr. Richard Gatling and manufactured by Colt Patented Fire Arms, the Gatling gun is rechambered to fire modern 5mm rounds instead of .45-70. The Gatling gun has been retrofitted with an electronic trigger similar to the broadsider, but retains its distinctive crank feed firing system.
Short Gatling gun (Lv 20)
Short Gatling gun (Lv 30)
Short Gatling gun (Lv 40)
Short Gatling gun (Lv 50)
- A short version of the Gatling gun can be acquired after finishing the quest Defiance Has Fallen, along with around 200 5mm rounds.
- A short version of the Gatling gun can be acquired at Lucky Hole Mine, through the path with the blue door, there will be a cultist wrathwing on the altar with a guaranteed chance to drop one.
- A short version of the Gatling gun may be found at Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06, inside the South Expansion, in a locked (Hacker 2) cell, in the cooling tower.
- A plan for the Gatling gun is sometimes sold at the Watoga Shopping Plaza.
- Found as random loot on mid-tier enemies, weapon containers, and government aid drops.
The low rate of fire, combined with its lack of a wind-up and relatively high damage per shot, makes the Gatling gun very useful for conserving ammo.
Behind the scenes
- Manufacturing plate of the Gatling gun
- Fallout 76 - Appalachian Thunder Pipe