An American Civil War era weapon design patented in 1864, the Gatling gun is rechambered to fire modern 5mm rounds and has been retrofitted with an electronic trigger similar to the broadsider, but retains its distinctive crank feed firing system.
Short Gatling gun Lv 50 (1)
Short Gatling gun Lv 40 (1)
Short Gatling gun Lv 30 (1)
- A short version of the Gatling gun can be acquired after finishing the quest Defiance Has Fallen, along with around 200 5mm rounds.
- A short version of the Gatling gun can be acquired at Lucky Hole Mine, through the path with the blue door, there will be a cultist wrathwing on the altar with a guaranteed chance to drop one.
- A short version of the Gatling gun may be found at Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06, inside the South Expansion, in a locked (Hacker 2) cell, in the cooling tower.
- A plan for the Gatling gun is sometimes sold at the Watoga Shopping Plaza.
- Found as random loot on mid-tier enemies, weapon containers, and government aid drops.
The low rate of fire, combined with its lack of a wind-up and relatively high damage per shot, makes the Gatling gun very useful for conserving ammo.
Behind the scenes
- The model for the Appalachian Thunder Pipe skin was by Jonathan Rush.[Non-canon 1]
- The Gatling Gun is based on the real-world version from the 1860s. The manufacturing plate in-game shows and shares the same form as the real-world versions plates. The only real difference is font, the in-game version uses Impact font which was created in 1965.