The gas bomb is an improvised explosive incendiary device. It is constructed from sensor modules strapped to a fire extinguisher. The weapon functions like other land mines, and will burst into a ball of fire and shrapnel, setting the target alight, causing explosive and fire damage.
This weapon can be crafted by the player.
Duct tape (1)
Pilot light (1)
Sensor module (1)
Dead Money add-on
Gas bomb (1)
- Ghost people are immune to the fire damage of the weapon, only the explosion hurts them.
- Despite dealing fire damage, the weapon is unaffected by the Pyromaniac perk.
- When thrown, the gas bomb will make noise, potentially alerting nearby enemies.
- Ghost people will often throw them directly at the player, but never in a path before one reaches it. In essence, they use them like grenades rather than mines.
- When used by the ghost people, they detonate on impact, and cannot be defused.
- Dropping one on the ground from one's inventory and shooting it point blank will not detonate it.
- Dean Domino mentions the gas bombs if the Courier passes a Guns check of 50 when talking to him about dealing with the ghost people.
- The gas bomb is the only weapon added by the Dead Money add-on that can be produced outside the Sierra Madre without visiting the abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker.
- At five pounds it is the heaviest placed explosive in the game.
- Gas bombs do not ignite leaking gas pipes or other flammable sources. [verified]
- Gas bombs cannot be shot while being thrown by a ghost seeker, or while they're being held by them, despite in-game conversations suggesting that as a tactic. [verified]