| || For an overview of all mines, see Land mines.|
For an overview of all anti-personnel mines, see Anti-personnel mines.
The gas bomb is an improvised explosive incendiary device. It is constructed from sensor modules strapped to a fire extinguisher.
The weapon functions like other proximity mines, and will burst into a ball of fire and shrapnel, setting the target alight, causing explosive and fire damage.
- This weapon can be crafted by the player.
Duct tape (1)
Pilot light (1)
Sensor module (1)
Dead Money add-on
Gas bomb (1)
- Ghost people are immune to the fire damage of the weapon; only the explosion hurts them.
- Despite appearing to do fire damage, the weapon is actually unaffected by the Pyromaniac perk.
- When thrown, the gas bomb will make noise, potentially alerting nearby enemies.
- Ghost people will often throw them directly at the player character, but never in a path before one reaches it; in essence, they use them like grenades, as opposed to the mines they truly are.
- Dropping one on the ground from inventory and shooting it point blank will not detonate this weapon. Using it as a weapon to place one will allow it to be shot and detonated.
- Dean Domino mentions the gas bombs when the Courier passes a Guns check of 50 when talking to him about dealing with the ghost people.
- The gas bomb is the only weapon added by the Dead Money add-on that can be produced outside the Sierra Madre without having visited the abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker.
- Xbox 360 Gas bombs do not ignite leaking gas pipes or other flammable sources. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Gas bombs cannot be shot while being thrown by a Ghost Seeker, or while they're being held by them. [verified]