Characteristics[edit | edit source]
The gas bomb is an improvised explosive incendiary device. It is constructed from sensor modules strapped to a fire extinguisher. The weapon functions like other land mines, and will burst into a ball of fire and shrapnel, setting the target alight, causing explosive and fire damage.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
This weapon can be crafted by the player character.
Duct tape (1)
Pilot light (1)
Sensor module (1)
Dead Money add-on
Gas bomb (1)
Locations[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Ghost people are immune to the fire damage of the weapon, only the explosion hurts them.
- Despite appearing to deal fire damage, the weapon is actually unaffected by the Pyromaniac perk.
- When thrown, the gas bomb will make noise, potentially alerting nearby enemies.
- Ghost people will often throw them directly at the player character, but never in a path before one reaches it. In essence, they use them like grenades as opposed to the mines they truly are.
- When used by the ghost people, they detonate on impact, and can't be defused.
- Dropping one on the ground from inventory and shooting it point blank will not detonate it. Using it as a weapon to place one will allow it to be shot and detonated.
- Dean Domino mentions the gas bombs if the Courier passes a Guns check of 50 when talking to him about dealing with the ghost people.
- The gas bomb is the only weapon added by the Dead Money add-on that can be produced outside the Sierra Madre without visiting the abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Xbox 360 Gas bombs do not ignite leaking gas pipes or other flammable sources. [verified]
- PC Playstation 3 Xbox 360 Gas bombs cannot be shot while being thrown by a Ghost Seeker, or while they're being held by them, despite in-game conversations suggesting that as a tactic. [verified]
Sounds[edit | edit source]