Garden gnomes come in four sizes: large, normal, medium and tiny. They are useful only as Rock-It Launcher ammunition or as a decoration. Normal-sized gnomes are by far the most common and stand about 20 inches tall. Medium versions of both intact and damaged gnomes exist, and only stand about 6 inches high. Gnomes can sometimes be found interacting with teddy bears, aligned in certain positions, playing certain roles.
- SatCom Array NN-03d - In the NN-03d-B tower there is a chessboard with 16 miniature garden gnomes.
- Abandoned apartments - 3 tiny damaged garden gnomes can be found on the terminal in the room with the Nuka-Cola vending machine.
- People's Bank of Point Lookout - A gnome is located in the bottom left deposit box. It is a miniature intact garden gnome holding a mini plunger in its left hand and standing next to a mini toilet.
- Presidential metro - Right before you get on the train it is taking a picture of two teddy bears tied on the railway line using spikes.
- Old Olney underground - After emerging from the sewer, there is a gnome drinking, smoking, and watching TV in a bathtub while a bear waits for him with a briefcase across the room by the door.
- Old Olney S. Wilson Building - Tucked away behind some filing cabinets in the northwestern corner at the same level as the door to the Olney Powerworks entrance, there is a setup of a teddy bear "playing cards" with an intact garden gnome that is using metro tickets as cards.
- Mobile base crawler - In the lower launch platform base there is a counter with a small gap down the center of it lengthwise and a red motor hanging above it. A garden gnome can be found in this gap, apparently bowling using a pool ball and 10 miniature milk bottles.
- Robot assembly - At the very end of the assembly line, at the top right corner of the map, on the other side of the electronics access panel.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- One can be found in the Black Mountain storage building. (This is the "Intact garden gnome".)
- One in the Gomorrah suites. (This is the "Intact garden gnome".)
- Dropping them after putting them into your inventory then picking them back up will revert them to their default size.
- If you have one gnome in your inventory already, any others you pick up will automatically revert to default size.
- If placed upside-down on their heads, garden gnomes will stay perfectly balanced on their own and remain upside down while hovering a short distance above the surface they are placed on.