The gamma gun is a pistol that does ballistic, radiation, and sometimes energy damage (with mods), with a large orb projectile (much larger than normal hit detection box but does not do any type of area of effect). The projectile is highly visible with a similar effect to the Scorchbeast sonic wave attack.
Nuclear material (3)
Gamma gun (Lv 15)
Nuclear material (4)
Gamma gun (Lv 25)
Nuclear material (5)
Gamma gun (Lv 35)
Nuclear material (6)
Gamma gun (Lv 45)
- Low chance of appearing in any container or corpse.
- Plans for the gamma gun can be purchased from Grahm or obtained through holiday gifts, pails, or as an event reward from Radiation Rumble.
- This weapon is affected by the Grounded mutation. This does not apply to the radiation damage component.
- The explosion the projectile creates on impact does not deal any damage, and serves only to apply the radiation damage ( +50/125).
- The gamma gun is useful as a tool to maintain one's desired radiation levels.
While the signal repeater mod does convert the gamma gun to automatic fire, it fails to add the WeaponTypeAutomatic keyword to the weapon. This prevents the Guerrilla perks from boosting the damage for the gamma gun. However, for the same reason, the semi-automatic Gunslinger perks will boost damage for the gamma gun even when the weapon is configured for automatic fire.[verified]