The gamma gun is a crude weapon with the appearance of being built from scavenged parts found throughout the wasteland. The "dish" of the weapon is a small metal bowl with some metal wiring running towards the center and the central housing is a steel hexagonal structure with holes of varying size and shape. Assorted wiring, piping, and other junk protrudes out of the rear of this structure, along with the three gamma round cells arranged in a triangular shape on top. The grip appears to be a handle-less spatula, welded onto a rectangular piece of metal pipe and stuck onto a piece of solid steel to unite it with the rest of the weapon.
The primary damage type of gamma guns is radiation damage, meaning that most gamma guns have little effect on robots, ghouls, super mutants and other enemies with a degree of radiation resistance. The weapon launches a small burst of radiation damage that explodes on impact, dealing a significant dose of radiation poisoning (100, or a 10% loss in maximum health) on a direct hit. With the electric signal carrier antennae, the damage of the gamma gun changes; allowing it to charge a degree of energy damage in addition to its radiation poisoning upon a direct hit.
The radiation-immunity-penetrating damage also means that the gamma gun will still do damage against radiation-immune enemies due to how radiation works in Fallout 4.
|Slot||Mod||Description||Weapon prefix||Range change||Perk needed||Components||Form ID|
|Dish||Standard dish||Standard.||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Adhesive x1
|Deep dish||Better range and damage.||Long||+||–||+84||–||–||+1.5||+72||Science! 4||Adhesive x2
|Zeta Wave Barrel||Changes weapon damage into Zeta Wave radiation.||Zeta||-||–||–||–||–||+0.1||–||–||(Need Gamma Gun Zeta Wave Barrel weapon mod)||–|
|Lorenzo's Artifact||Uses telekinesis to push targets away.||Lorenzo's Artifact||-
|–||+84||–||–||+1.5||+597||–||(Need Gamma Gun Lorenzo's Artifact weapon mod)||–|
|Grip||Standard grip||Standard.||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Adhesive x1
|Sharpshooter's grip||Better recoil and hip-fire accuracy.||Sharpshooter's||–||–||–||+4||–||+0.2||+34||Gun Nut 2||Adhesive x2
|Electric signal carrier antennae||Hold fire to charge additional electrical damage.||Electrified||Special, see below||–||–||–||–||+0.3||+30||Science! 3||Adhesive x5
|Signal repeater||Improved rate of fire.||Automatic||–||+24||–||-2||–||+0.3||+60||Science! 4||Adhesive x4
Footnote: The electric signal carrier antennae significantly changes how the gamma gun and the Lorenzo's Artifact version functions. The base damage changes to:
- Gamma gun: (direct hit) 54 + + +
- Lorenzo's Artifact: (direct hit) ; (area of effect) + 44 + 40
In addition, if one holds down the fire button long enough for the gun to start making a "clicking" noise from the arcing electricity, it will do an additional +45on a direct hit.
- Lorenzo's Artifact gun - Unique variant (actually a standard gamma gun with a unique Lorenzo's Artifact weapon mod) that deals 25 points explosion and 10 points radiation damage per hit and can cause significant knockback on human targets.
- Zeta gun - Similar to Lorenzo's Artifact, the Zeta gun is a standard gamma gun with a unique "Zeta Wave Barrel" weapon mod. It fires a smaller red projectile, causes 10 points of radiation damage, and can cause knockback.
Owned by Child of Atom cultists.
- Due to a possible bug related to Fallout 4 area of effect damage, the secondary damage on a gamma gun without the electric signal carrier antennae mod is applied twice on a direct hit. [verified]
If you have the electric signal carrier antennae installed and charge up the gamma gun then switch weapons, the sound of the charged up gamma gun will still be playing, as well as the controller vibration.[verified]
- To fix this simply switch back to the gamma gun while your current weapon is still drawn.
- Information from Reddit
- These perks only improve the non-radiation poisoning damage, such as the base 10 damage or the energy damage (base or charged) from the Electric signal carrier antennae mod.