Gaius Magnus is a centurion located in Dry Wells in 2281. He appears only after completion of the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Lonesome Road if the Courier chooses to launch Ulysses' nuclear missiles against Caesar's Legion.
Gaius Magnus is a centurion who had conquered the 87th tribe that assimilated into Caesar's Legion. He was given the distinct honor of wearing the unique armor of the 87th Tribe. In 2281, he is in Dry Wells with some of his legionaries, who become marked men after the Courier sent an atomic strike to the area.
He has very high health, and like other ghouls and marked men, he also constantly regenerates health from the high radiation in the area.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
|Apparel||Weapon||Other items||On death|
|Armor of the 87th Tribe
|5mm, armor piercing
- Like Ulysses and Colonel Royez, Gaius Magnus is immune to knockdown attacks, such as the Ranger Takedown move or the special attack of the bumper sword.
- Although he is armed with a minigun, Gaius Magnus will put it away after the first shot and rely solely on his machete for combat. This is because his combat style is set to "NVDLC04CSMarkedMenMelee" according to the GECK editor, making him prefer melee weapons over firearms.
- Gaius Magnus, along with Colonel Royez, Frank Horrigan and Ulysses are the only characters in the series that have 10 points in all of the SPECIAL stats.
- Due to Gaius Magnus' immunity to knockdown, he simply freezes in place when he suffers a critical hit from the Compliance Regulator.
- Although he is a "named" member of the Legion, Gaius does not count towards the Courier's tally for the Gun Runners' Arsenal challenge Against All Tyrants. This is because Gaius Magnus is introduced in Lonesome Road, and add-on content cannot interact with each other.
Gaius Magnus appears only in the Fallout: New Vegas add-on Lonesome Road.
Behind the scenes
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and is speculative and may not be accurate.|
His name is an amalgamation of two powerful and historically influential Roman generals who lived during the late Roman Republic, Gaius Julius Caesar, and Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus. Both were part of the First Triumvirate of Rome, along with Marcus Licinius Crassus.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|