|For an overview of fusion cores, see fusion core.|
Standardized fusion cores are a high-grade, long-term nuclear battery used for military and commercial applications before the Great War. Used by civilians to power a multitude of devices, from automobiles, to generators, the military instead used them for warfare, supplying power armor and some Gatling laser models with energy. Standard core interfaces were developed across the board to allow for power armor frames to use cores salvaged from weapons or generators. The fusion core also can be hooked up to certain melee weapons via jumper cables.
Another benefit is that cores can be set to overload, for use as improvised explosives or to deny a power armor suit to the enemy by destroying it.
Fusion cores are used to power and activate suits of power armor and as ammo in certain weapons, such as the Gatling laser, which utilizes fusion cores as its ammunition; each fully-charged core provides 500 shots.
- Standard fusion core
Pure cobalt flux (1)
Pure violet flux (1)
Known by default
Fusion core (1)
- Ultracite fusion core
Fusion core (2)
Pure violet flux (1)
Ultracite fusion core (2)
Weapon/armor using this ammunition
- Scavenge for power armor: On every suit of power armor, one will find a fusion core at quarter charge.
- Search for fusion generators: Fusion generators encountered while exploring may contain a lootable fusion core.
- Ammo box may contain fusion cores when using the Scrounger perk. Steamer trunks may yield cores, as well as other containers in a military-themed location.
- Dropped by: Sentry bots, radtoads, anglers, feral ghouls.
- Fusion cores may be crafted at chemistry stations.
- Crafted gatling lasers and ultracite gatling lasers will also produce 1 fusion core.
- Workshops: Providing 100 power to a fusion core processor will generate 1 fusion core at 100% charge every 7.5 minutes. The processor holds a maximum of three fusion cores at any given time. Processors may be found at Monongah Power Plant, Poseidon Energy Plant yard or Thunder Mountain Power Plant yard.
- BoS Collectron station may generate fusion cores.
- Quest rewards
- Successfully finishing Line in the Sand rewards two fully-charged fusion cores.
- Successfully completing Daily Ops with an equipped weapon that uses fusion cores will reward additional, fully-charged, cores.
- Fixed spawns
Fusion cores are susceptible to physics, so they may fall off platforms and may not be in the exact location listed below. Additionally, other players may loot fusion cores, preventing them from appearing.
|The Sludge Works||Inside a small basket near the eastern pier.|
|Big Bend Tunnel||In a fusion generator in the storage room with the mole rats.|
|Fort Defiance||In the locked armory on the third floor, on the bottom row of a metal shelf in the southeast corner.|
|AVR Medical Center||In the fusion generator below the cafeteria.|
|Bleeding Kate's Grindhouse||In the fusion generator, by the makeshift movie screen.|
|Charleston Capitol Building||
|Fujiniya Intelligence Base||In the generator room, behind some machinery in a console near the stealth research lab on the lower level of the base.|
|Hornwright Industrial Headquarters||On the top floor, inside the fusion generator.|
|Kanawha Nuka-Cola plant||
|Mama Dolce's Food Processing||Inside the fusion generator of the small warehouse immediately southwest of the factory.|
|Morgantown Airport||Inside the fusion generator within the 'Bot Shop' hangar.|
|New River Gorge Bridge||Behind a locked door in the west maintenance section, in a storage room on the right immediately after the entrance, on a bottom metal shelf row.|
|Poseidon Energy Plant WV-06||Inside the basement, inside a locked room with a wall cabinet, on top of the lower cabinet, near a blue basket.|
|Poseidon Energy Plant yard||Next to the workshop, on a table to the right of the fusion core processor.|
|Relay tower EM-B1-27||On top of the central control panel, along the wall closest to the repairable terminal.|
|Riverside Manor||Sitting on a cart with a microscope in the basement near the weapons workbench.|
|Wade Airport||At the top of the air traffic control tower, on the desk, to the right of the broken console.|
|WV Lumber Co.||
|Palace of the Winding Path||On metal shelves next to the generator in the basement.|
- As of the Fallout 76 content update Wastelanders, the freezer variant of Floater is capable of damaging fusion cores, removing their charge via a cryogenic breath attack.
- As of the Fallout 76 content update One Wasteland For All, the Electric Absorption legendary perk enables the player character a chance to recharge their fusion core upon being hit, ranging from 10% - 20% per hit depending on the perk rank.
patch 220.127.116.11, fusion cores would replenish to full charge upon joining another world.[verified]Before
- The Sole Survivor: "I'll help if I can."
Preston Garvey: " "
Sturges: " "
(Preston Garvey and Sturges' dialogue)
- Berkeley Springs terminal entries; Dr. Barnaby's terminal, Medical Notes 10.31.77
- The Sole Survivor: "What're you looking for again?"
Preston Garvey: " "
(Preston Garvey's dialogue)
- Sturges: "That armor may be old, but it's got a standard interface. Just jack the Fusion Core in."
- Electro-Fusion modification for the Hatchet
- The Sole Survivor: “The damage... it's deliberate. They set the fusion cores in their armor to overload. That's what caused the blast. But why?”
Spoken during The Lost Patrol