Fusion cores are used to power and activate suits of power armor and as ammo in certain weapons, such as the Gatling laser, which utilizes fusion cores as its ammunition; each core provides 500 shots.
Pure cobalt flux (1)
Pure violet flux (1)
Fusion core (1)
Weapon/armor using this ammunitionEdit
Fusion cores can be found or created. There are currently 5 ways to obtain them:
- Scavenge for power armor: On every suit of power armor, one will find a fusion core at half charge.
- Search for fusion generators: Every once in a while, player characters will stumble on a fusion generator, inside there may be a fusion core, if not, they may wait for one to spawn.
- Craft them: Player characters can craft fusion cores at chemistry stations if they have the right components.
- Create them: Providing 100 power to a fusion core processor found at one of the power plants generates 1 fully charged fusion core every 10 minutes.
- Destroy robots: certain models of robot, such as sentry bots, will always drop a fusion core on death.
PC Playstation 4 Xbox One Before patch 220.127.116.11, fusion cores would replenish to full charge upon joining another world.[verified]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.