|For an overview of microfusion cell ammunition types, see Microfusion cell.|
Microfusion cells are small energy-production units roughly the size of the palm. Each cell is a self-contained fusion plant, complete with its own fusion reactor. They were invented in 2066 by U.S. scientists as a potential solution to the energy crisis amid the Resource Wars. As fusion often uses combustible hydrogen isotopes and requires an enclosed space with sufficient pressure and temperature, microfusion cells may explode if ignited. The No. 1040 MF model is able to provide 1040.8 DC volts and has both positive and negative terminals.
Fusion cells are used by laser weapons.
- Standard fusion cells
Known by default
Fusion cell (30)
- Ultracite fusion cell
Ultracite fusion cell (120)
Weapons using this ammunition
- Crafted at a tinker's workbench.
- Purchased at an Ammo Converter at rate of 30 statndard cells 250 AmmoPoints.
- Fusion cells can be dropped by destroyed Protectrons.
- Fusion cells can be found on the desk outside a ruined building in Summersville. (The northernmost jukebox building).
With the Ammosmith perk or Ammo Factory legendary perk, the crafted amount of rounds increases incrementally, coinciding with the perk's added percentages, crafting more rounds for the same amount of materials.
- Fallout, Fallout 2 item description: "A medium sized energy production unit. Self-contained fusion plant"
- Fort Independence terminal entries; Research terminal, Research Log - Plasma Rifle
- Pioneer Scout Badge Exam answers; Atomics Fan
- Microfusion cell label: "WARNING: WILL EXPLODE IF DISPOSED OF IN FIRE"
- Microfusion cell label: "No. 1040 MF"
"Capacity: 1040.8 VDC"