Striking teammates and friendly NPCs with fire-based weapons (excluding Molotovs) will restore a portion of their maximum HP.
|1||Teammates hit by your flame weapons regenerate health briefly (no molotovs).||003E956A|
|2||Teammates hit by your flame weapons regenerate more health briefly (no molotovs).||0051ABC2|
|3||Teammates hit by your flame weapons regenerate even more health briefly (no molotovs).||0051ABC4|
- Rank 1: 4% HP for 2 seconds (8% HP total)
- Rank 2: 8% HP for 2 seconds (16% HP total)
- Rank 3: 12% HP for 2 seconds (24% HP total)
- Attacking allied teammates with fire damage via melee or ranged attacks will proc the heal effect.
- Allied NPCs and players outside of a team can also receive the effect.
- Affected weapons
Friendly Fire only procs for equipped melee and ranged weapons with the WeaponTypeFireDamage keyword:
- Baseball bat with heated coil, heated rocket, or searing rocket mods.
- Bow and compound bow with flaming arrows mod.
- Chainsaw with flamer mod.
- Crossbow with flaming frame mod.
- Crusader pistol with pyro receiver mod.
- Hellstorm missile launcher with napalm payload mod.
- Paddle ball with fire ball mod.
- Pitchfork with flamer or barbed flaming mods.
- Plasma cutter and war glaive with flaming blade mod.
- Power fist and super sledge with heating coil mod.
- Sheepsquatch club and staff with burning or burning barbed mods.
- Sledgehammer with heavy searing sharp rocket mod.
- Molotov cocktail (see bugs)
- The heal effect can also restore limb condition.[verified]
- Per the perk's description, thrown explosives, such as floater flamer grenades or Molotovs, are not intended to proc the heal effect.
- As of update 33, turrets that are owned by NPCs can no longer be healed by Friendly Fire.
Behind the scenes
Prior to update 25, Friendly Fire could only be activated by swinging a shishkebab or bashing with a flamer.
- Friendly Fire is supposed to have a HUD notification Vault Boy popup, but it is flagged to be hidden.[verified]
- Hellstorm missile launcher with napalm payload mod will not proc the effect, despite dealing fire damage.[patched]
- Fixed in update 33.
- [patched] Molotov cocktails are currently the only weapon which may apply the heal effect to NPCs. The thrown item must strike them prior to exploding; the fire hazard or explosion will not proc the effect.
- brahmin in Free Range were not affected by this perk.[patched] The friendly