|1||Teammates hit by your flame weapons regenerate health briefly (no molotovs).||003E956A|
|2||Teammates hit by your flame weapons regenerate more health briefly (no molotovs).||0051ABC2|
|3||Teammates hit by your flame weapons regenerate even more health briefly (no molotovs).||0051ABC4|
- Rank 1: 0.4% HP for 2 seconds (0.8% HP total)
- Rank 2: 0.8% HP for 2 seconds (1.6% HP total)
- Rank 3: 1.2% HP for 2 seconds (2.4% HP total)
Attacking teammates with fire damage via melee or ranged attacks will proc the heal effect.
Allied NPCs and player characters outside of a team can also receive the effect. However, only melee attacks and gun bashes will apply it.
Friendly Fire only procs for equipped melee and ranged weapons with the WeaponTypeFireDamage keyword:
As of Update 25, melee and ranged weapons with a fire damage mod equipped will also proc the effect:
- Baseball bat with Heated coil, Heated rocket, or Searing rocket mods.
- Bow and Compound Bow with Flaming arrows mod.
- Chainsaw with Flamer mod.
- Crossbow with Flaming frame mod.
- Crusader pistol with Pyro receiver mod.
- Pitchfork with Flamer or Barbed flaming mods.
- Plasma cutter and War glaive with Flaming blade mod.
- Power fist and Super Sledge with Heating coil mod.
- Sheepsquatch club and staff with Burning or Burning barbed mods.
- Molotov cocktail (see bugs)
- Friendly Fire 1 can stack with Friendly Fire 3.
- The heal effect can also restore limb condition.[verified]
- Update 25 expanded the list of weapons capable of taking advantage of this perk. Previously, only the Flamer and Shishkebab worked.
- Per the perk's description, thrown explosives, such as Floater flamer grenades or Molotovs, are not intended to proc the heal effect.
- Friendly Fire is supposed to have a HUD notification Vault Boy popup, but it is flagged to be hidden.[verified]
- Hellstorm missile launcher with Napalm payload mod will not proc the effect, despite dealing fire damage.[verified] The
- Molotov cocktails currently apply the heal effect to NPCs.[verified]