Striking teammates with fire-based weapons (excluding Molotovs) will restore a portion of their maximum HP. Striking friendly or neutral NPCs with a molotov will restore a portion of their maximum HP.
|1||Teammates hit by your flame weapons regenerate health briefly (no molotovs).||003E956A|
|2||Teammates hit by your flame weapons regenerate more health briefly (no molotovs).||0051ABC2|
|3||Teammates hit by your flame weapons regenerate even more health briefly (no molotovs).||0051ABC4|
- Rank 1: 0.4% HP for 2 seconds (0.8% HP total)
- Rank 2: 0.8% HP for 2 seconds (1.6% HP total)
- Rank 3: 1.2% HP for 2 seconds (2.4% HP total)
- Attacking allied teammates with fire damage via melee or ranged attacks will proc the heal effect.
- Allied NPCs and player characters outside of a team can also receive the effect. However, only molotovs will apply it.
- Affected weapons
Friendly Fire only procs for equipped melee and ranged weapons with the WeaponTypeFireDamage keyword:
- Baseball bat with Heated coil, Heated rocket, or Searing rocket mods.
- Bow and Compound Bow with Flaming arrows mod.
- Chainsaw with Flamer mod.
- Crossbow with Flaming frame mod.
- Crusader pistol with Pyro receiver mod.
- Pitchfork with Flamer or Barbed flaming mods.
- Plasma cutter and War glaive with Flaming blade mod.
- Power fist and Super Sledge with Heating coil mod.
- Sheepsquatch club and staff with Burning or Burning barbed mods.
- Molotov cocktail (see bugs)
- The heal effect can also restore limb condition.[verified]
- Per the perk's description, thrown explosives, such as Floater flamer grenades or Molotovs, are not intended to proc the heal effect.
- Friendly Fire is supposed to have a HUD notification Vault Boy popup, but it is flagged to be hidden.[verified]
- Hellstorm missile launcher with Napalm payload mod will not proc the effect, despite dealing fire damage.[verified] The
- Molotov cocktails are currently the only weapon which may apply the heal effect to NPCs. The thrown item must strike them prior to exploding; the fire hazard or explosion will not proc the effect.[verified]
Behind the scenes
Prior to Update 25, Friendly Fire could only be activated by swinging a shishkebab or bashing with a flamer.