Effects[edit | edit source]
This perk causes a noticeable increase in brightness at nighttime between the hours of 8:15pm and 5:45am. The effect is not a gradual one, and its presence can be recognized by a colored tint on the game world reflecting the dominant color of your surroundings (most often light blue when outdoors).
Keep in mind that once taken, the perk will always cause you to see the world differently at night.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Nighteye effect given is not as potent as the effect of Cateye.
- Friend of the Night appeared in previous Fallout games as Night Vision.
- Contrary to the perk's description, the night vision effect does not apply indoors unless it is between the hours of 8:15pm and 5:45am.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Playstation 3 The perk cancels out the effects of the varmint rifle night scope.[verified]
- Xbox 360 Does not seem to work in the Dead Money or Honest Hearts add-ons.[verified]