|Unmarked Quest: Friend of the Followers|
|Talk to Julie Farkas.|
Agree to solve the medical supplies shortage of the Followers of the Apocalypse.
|Speak with James Garret at the Atomic Wrangler Casino.|
|Inform Julie Farkas of Garret's terms.|
|Inform James Garret the Followers of the Apocalypse accepted the deal.|
|Return to Julie Farkas.|
|Reward: Increased reputation with the Followers of the Apocalypse.|
|Talk to Julie Farkas and donate 10 chems among Med-X, RadAway or Fixer.|
|Reward: Discount on Julie Farkas' medical services and supplies.|
|Ask to become a Follower of the Apocalypse.|
|Reward: 300 XP|
When talking for the first time with Julie Farkas about Freeside, she will tell the Courier that the Followers of the Apocalypse need a constant supplier for some ingredients used to manufacture medicine items.
Comprising the unmarked quest Long-Term Care, for a constant supply of medicinal ingredients, talk to James Garret at the Atomic Wrangler and convince him to strike a deal with the Followers. Then report back to Julie, convincing her that the Garrets want to help Freeside in exchange of the Followers' technical skills. After talking to her, report again to James Garret and he will inform the player character that some of the supplies will be sent immediately. Return again to Julie and gain a huge boost of reputation with the Followers.
Comprising the unmarked quest Short-Term Treatment, the player character will also have to spare some of their own Med-X, RadAway or Fixer, 10 packs of one type will do the trick. Note that 10 donations of each are not required, but a donation of 9 (in 3 sets of 3) of one type gets bonus fame with the Followers. The first time you donate the 10th chem of one type, she will sell extra magazines (see below). (One can donate only Med-X for example, which is far more common than Fixer and RadAway.) One can know the quest is completed when the next time they want to donate some supplies, Julie tells them that the item in question is already being mass-produced, but she will accept it anyway. After the donation, she will offer a discount in medical services and some magazines for sale (several Programmer's Digest and Today's Physician, some Lad's Life, Salesman Weekly and one Meeting People). The Courier will gain more reputation with the Followers as well. If you exit dialogue and talk to her again to donate more while idolized (through quests or more donations) and the extra magazines are unlocked, that will trigger the invitation to join the Followers, as well as a discount if you didn't get that from High Times already.
- This quest is related to the quest High Times. At some point in either quest (depending on which is started first) it's likely the Courier will be idolized by the Followers. Even if they are idolized, Julie Farkas will not invite them to join the Followers of the Apocalypse unless they have solved their supply problem and donated chems to them. This is the only way to gain the Followers lab coat (+10 Medicine and Science) and the key to the Followers safehouse.
- After helping the Followers, a Speech check is no longer required to recruit Arcade Gannon.
- Although Julie Farkas suggests that the player character talks to Mick and Ralph, it is not necessary. They will just refuse the deal. She also mentions the Crimson Caravan Company as a possible supplier, but there are no dialogue options with anyone there.
- Sometimes one must donate well over 20 chems, depending on their Followers reputation. The option chosen in the quest That Lucky Old Sun can markedly impact the player character's Followers reputation, and a choice that provides little or no Followers reputation will mean the player character will need to donate more chems to increase their reputation.
- Julie Farkas will resupply the magazines she sells each time the player character tells her they have medical supplies to donate.
- Quest name from Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide